14 | Closed Book

Mateo doesn't want full custody

MATEO DOESN'T WANT FULL CUSTODY!!

I am probably looking like a fool with a big smile plastered across my face.

Just as I walk away I turn around to see Mateo's eyes glued to my figure, a faint smile showcased on his face.

I continue walking trying to maintain my emotions.

For once a 'talk' has gone good.

It's moments like these that make me want to try to mend things with Mateo.

But what if I hurt him again?

What if he already has interest in someone else?

These questions end my soul.
Crush it into pieces.

• • •

"Momma.." Mils cries running towards me as I pick her up from piano practice.

Who the fuck made my daughter cry?

"Are you hurt?" I ask scanning her for any visible injuries.

"No" She sniffles into my neck as I pick her up.

I rub her back to try to calm her breathing.

I see her piano teacher walk towards me with a nervous expression.

Oh- this bitch.

"Miss.Lovett, May I have a talk with you?" The piano teacher asks.

"Go on, why is my daughter crying?" I ask.

Her body language is saying she has something to do with it.

"Well- Milan wasn't behaving today so I just asked her to calm down-" She explains her pity story.

"She yelled at me for pressing C instead of D" Mils whispers loud enough for this piano teacher to hear.

I look at the teacher who stood there with her head hung low.

"My daughter made a small mistake and you yelled at her? To the point she's crying?" I ask in disbelief.

"She's a seven year old- of course she'll make mistakes but that doesn't mean you yell at her. Shouldn't you correct her in a way she will understand? Isn't that what you get paid for?" I question.

"I apologise, I was already having a bad day" The teacher reasons.

"So you take out your frustrations on a child?" I reply to her shorty excuse.