Cali x New York (headcanons)

California as we all know doesn't have many friends, but he has Florida, Louisiana, and New York. And that's more than enough for him (however, he wouldn't be opposed to having more friends).

One day after a meeting California walked up to new york and started talking to him, and eventually, they slowly became friends, or as close to friends as possible. The two of them would sit outside on the porch and watch the sunset, or if it was summer, watch as some states failed to catch fireflies. 

New york was always willing to fight someone for Cali, so when he discovered that Texas made a group chat dedicated to insulting Cali, well, saying he was pissed was an extreme understatement. Texas's nose was broken.

I'm not aware of when exactly they realized they had a crush on each other, but in Cali's case he walked into florida's room one night, dramatically flopped onto the bed and then started ranting for three whole hours about how perfect New York was.

New York is one of the few people to hear Cali sing, one time Cali thought he was home alone (spoilers, he wasn't) and New York walked in on him singing. <3

At some point, California bought New york a pizza and left a note "You were acting a bit sad today, ik this isn't pizza from NYC, but I hope it cheers you up!" and York had the stupidest grin on his face for the rest of the day.

New York also bought a poppy pin on amazon one time, just so he constantly had something to remind himself of Cali.