five | prophecies

-FIVE-

Adelaide stood at the window, using her pentagram dials to trap the demon. America tried her best to use her super-strength and pull herself into the room, but in vain. The slimy tendrils of the demon were latched around her ankles and were latched on strong. Stephen summoned a whip of orange magic and leapt out of the window, his cloak appearing and keeping him steady. He lashed out his whip, binding the demon's lower tentacles and pulled as hard as he possibly could, sending it crashing down onto the pavement, earning the blares of several car alarms. Right before America fell to the ground, Clea's telekinesis worked it's magic and helped her back in safely. 

Adelaide immediately rushed to her girlfriend, engulfing her in a bone-crushing hug before checking her over. "Thank god, you're okay." Adelaide panted softly, cupping America's cheeks to kiss her forehead. 

"That's one cute relationship." Admitted Clea, looking at the pair of girls. 

"I know," Said Stephen, "It's sickening." 

"I know who's behind this stupidity." Adelaide admitted. "Agatha and Dormammu, both. Obviously Dormammu wants to spread his influence further through the Multiverse, and Agatha's...well...Kind of like Wanda. Minus the whole 'family', part. She obviously wants a powerful apprentice." 

"You're not entirely wrong there, Adelaide." Clea admitted, walking to her. "In fact, the only thing you are wrong about, is Agatha's intentions. She wants America for only one reason. As a sacrifice, not an apprentice." 

"Sacrifice?" Both girls exclaimed. "I'd like to keep myself alive till I'm a legal adult atleast, thank you very much." America admitted, crossing her arms across her chest. "I'd like to have an intact, solid and living America Chavez as my girlfriend, please." Adelaide added. 

"And both of you will get what you want," Said the older woman, "If you allow me to assist you in the Multiverse when you do go. The prophecy, from what I've deduced, states that I have to come with you." 

"Prophecy?" Adelaide frowned, "What prophecy?" 

"Look at your Tarot deck, Adelaide." Clea pointed at the stack of larger, older-looking cards which were placed next to the witch's normal playing cards. The girl cautiously approached the tarot deck and picked it up, making a card fan to reveal that all of the cards were the same. 

"The Raven. Signifies prophecy." America observed. When she received a look, she added, "Okay, spending time with Addy has it's perks. For me, it's learning the meanings of every card in a tarot deck." 

Adelaide turned over the topmost card of her deck, revealing a short poem written in a strange, spindly handwriting that definitely wasn't hers, America's or Stephen's. 

"'Five must go to the junction of space, where universes have no value.'" She read out, "'A witch, a wizard, a master of the bow. Three down, two more to go. A goddess, a sorceress turn the ashes to light, and bring forth the end of the timeless night.'" She scoffed, "That rhyme sounds like it was done by a five-year-old." 

"Ignoring the rhyming of the prophecy," Clea said, "A witch, a wizard, a goddess and a sorceress. That's you, Stephen, me and America." 

"Oh." Adelaide realised, "What about a master of the bow?" 

"I don't know yet." Clea admitted.