eight | things go wrong

-EIGHT-

Adelaide was spat out onto the floor of her room from her portal, and groaned in pain as her chin smacked against the hardwood boards. "Oh that's gonna bruise," She wheezed, "It's gonna bruise so bad." When she stood up, her agony increased by what felt like two hundred times, making her add, "And I think I just cracked six ribs Jesus fuck--" 

Her arm was beginning to go numb, and the demonic poison began to make her feel lightheaded. She staggered to her dressing table, feeling the world rock beneath her feet as she did. Her hands were pale and sweaty, as she groped for a tweezer and sat at her desk. "Come on, come on..." She whispered, her hand trembling and shaking as she reached into her wound, wincing as the cool metal grazed against her cut skin. 

After a few tries, she finally got the barb out, but sadly, her time had run out. She shifted back, feeling her body shutting down as the strings of life slipped away from her. She closed her eyes and let out a deep breath as her body sank back, limply upon the chair.

Science states that when you die, you see your memories like a movie. Just as her eyes closed, memories flooded her like an unforgiving tide. 

Memory 1

"I'm gonna get you!" Exclaimed Stephen as he took small, quick steps whilst running behind a 4-year-old Adelaide, who laughed and said, "No you won't!"

Just as she spoke, Stephen lifted her up in the air and gave her small, ticklish kisses, making her squeal and push at him, desperately trying to get him to stop. "Daddy, stop!" She giggled as he placed her down, allowing her to dart away in the opposite direction like lightning. "You midget monkey!" He exclaimed, laughing as he chased after her yet again.

Memory 2

"Honey, come on, eat the sprouts, please." Stephen asked a very fussy and cranky 5-year-old Adelaide. She huffed and clamped her mouth shut, shaking her head. He pinched the bridge of his nose in annoyance, when he suddenly got an idea. He began humming 'I'm Almost There', and just as she began to sing the lyrics, he continued to hum and placed the sprouts in her mouth, which made her frown and chew them reluctantly, swallowing after a while. 

"That wasn't so bad, was it?" He grinned, kissing her forehead and continuing to hum her favourite songs whilst he fed her food.

Memory 3

"What a freak." Smirked a boy as he saw 10-year-old Adelaide waiting for her father. She had turned to look at something past his shoulder, to show her two-coloured eyes. "Leave me alone, I didn't say anything to you." She snapped, frowning.

"I can see you," He countered lamely.

"Then don't look, idiot." She rolled her eyes. That was the fifth person to have called her that. Kids could be such bitches, she thought. 

Stephen's car pulled up and she stormed towards it, slamming the door shut as she sat in the passenger's seat with a huff. "Hello to you too." Stephen laughed, ruffling her hair. 

When they arrived home, Adelaide hugged her father fiercely, surprising the man. He stroked her jet-black hair and kissed the top of her head as she rested her head on his chest and cried. He asked no questions, he simply hugged her, giving her the comfort and environment she wanted. 

Memory 4

11-year-old Adelaide woke up screaming, drenched in a cold sweat as her recurring nightmare of Stephen crumbling to dust came back to her. Within moments he was in the room, looking as is he'd just woken up. 

She looked at him with panicked eyes, and reached for him, wanting his affection. He immediately sat next to her on the bed and lay down, letting her curl into his side. "Was it the same one?" He asked softly, holding her close. All she could do was nod. He wiped away her tears gently and kissed her cheek before humming her favourite song, 'Down In New Orleans', letting her drift to sleep before he, too, did the same.

Memory 5

"Can I tell you something?" America asked.

"Go ahead."

"I like you. A lot. More than a friend." America admitted, turning to look at her. Adelaide's eyes went wide, "Oh?"

"Yeah. I have, for like, a while now." The Hispanic girl blushed heavily.

Adelaide looked America right in the eyes and said, "I like you too."

"Wait, seriously?" The other girl exclaimed. The witch nodded, blushing.

"Can I kiss you?" The witch asked tentatively.

America smiled and nodded, "Sure."

With that, Adelaide cupped the girl's cheeks ever so gently in her palms and leaned forward, pressing her lips to America's soft ones, in a gentle kiss. America's hand rested themselves on the girl's hips as her eyes fluttered shut, their breaths becoming heavier with every passing moment.

Adelaide pulled away, albeit reluctantly, and was a blushing mess. "I've wanted to do that for a while."

"I've been waiting for you to do it for a while, too." America laughed. The students began to assemble for their morning practice and she said, "Gotta go."

"Yep."

And off America went, leaving Adelaide blushing.

Memory 6

"Querida, where are you?" America laughed, trying to find her girlfriend desperately. She didn't hear the witch sneaking up on her, and couldn't help but squeal in surprise as a pair of arms wrapped around her, lifting her clean off the ground. 

"Gotcha!" Adelaide grinned childishly, putting the Hispanic down. America pressed a quick kiss to her forehead and grinned, "Yes you did!" 

"You missed." The witch pouted. America winked and said, "If you want one, you'll have to catch me!" And ran off like lightning.

"OH IT IS ON, CHAVEZ!" She called back, running after her.

End

Adelaide sat up, her vision had tunneled to black, it seemed, but all she could see was a tiny pinprick of light. She reached out towards it, and in the background she could hear the sound of a heart monitor flatlining, and shouts, but she ignored it an continued reaching for the little pinprick. 

She felt herself stop, as if an invisible force was pushing her back. The sound of her father yelling, "Bring her back, for fuck's sake! What're you a doctor for then?!" Could be heard. She immediately turned around, to see a door. 

She opened it, and suddenly felt like she was falling.

----
OMG IS SHE DEAD?

Lmao I ain't saying shit.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Ilysm and don't forget to vote! 

50 comments for the next chapterrrrr

Have a lovely day/night!

With love and hugs,
Daisy Rose