epilogue | listen before i go

A/n: Play 'listen before i go', by Billie Eilish while reading this <3

-EPILOGUE-

Sofia was two years old, and was obsessed with Adelaide, to the point where the eighteen-year-old got annoyed.

Take me to the rooftop
I wanna see the world when I stop breathing

"Dad! Sofi's following me to the goddamn bathroom, now!" She complained to him as he fed the infant. Stephen frowned and said, "Addy, come on, she loves you."

"That can't possibly the excuse for everything!" She snapped and stood up, storming past Clea as she went up to her room.

"She's on her period, so she's kind of extra touchy." America nodded from next to him.

"That can't be her excuse to snap like that." He scowled, before getting back to feeding Sofia, who'd begun to fuss.

Turning blue
Tell me, love is endless, don't be so pretentious
Leave me, like you do

"Della!" A squeal came from the living room when Adelaide walked in, to grab a snack before she went back to her studies. Every person in the house, including Adelaide herself, dropped what they were holding and rushed to the room.

Adelaide sat on her knees in front of the two-year-old, and said, "Sofi, what did you just say?"

"Della!" The girl giggled, squeezing the witch's cheeks with her small, chubby hands.

"Wow." Said Stephen. "I expected a 'dada' like Addy."

All they could do was smirk as Adelaide said, "You get what you get, Dad."

If you need me
Wanna see me

A few years had passed, and it was time for Adelaide to leave home, for she and America had bought an apartment in Brooklyn. They'd wanted to move for a while, and 4-year-old Sofia was beyond upset with the news.

Better hurry
'Cause I'm leaving soon

The two sisters had a massive age gap, but that, however didn't get in the way of their bond. If anything, it made it stronger.

"We'll visit as often as possible," Adelaide smiled, lifting the girl up in her arms. "And I'm a phone call away." She turned to her father and placed Sofia down, engulfing him in a massive hug. "I'll miss you." She whispered, crying softly.

Sorry, can't save me now
Sorry, I don't know how

"I'll miss you more, sweet girl." Stephen replied, keeping his tears at bay. She hugged Clea as well, who was crying a waterfall.

America and Adelaide picked up their suitcases and threw the three of them one last look, before leaving.

As the apartment door clicked shut, even Stephen himself let the tears fall.

Sorry, there's no way out (sorry)
But down, mm down

It had been a year, and Sofia had gotten used to Adelaide not being around.

One day, the doorbell rang.

Adelaide's career as a lawyer had kept her maddeningly busy, as did America's job as a teacher. They visited on holidays and came for Sofia's birthday, but their hectic schedules just didn't allow them to.

Taste me, the salty tears on my cheek
That's what a year-long headache does to you

Sofia ran to open the door and gasped when she saw her older sister standing there, with a suitcase in hand. "Della!" She squealed, leaping onto her, engulfing her in a hug so tight, the 21-year-old almost got the wind knocked out of her. The same thing happened with America as both Stephen and Clea rushed into the living room to see the witch and superhuman in the doorway. A dog barked, and the little girl greeted the duo's boxer dog, Pluto, with ever so much enthusiasm.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒 - 𝐀𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐳²✔️ 🎉