ten | the wedding again

-TEN-

It had been almost two months since the incident, and things were looking up for all of them. Stephen and Clea had grown closer, while America and Addy beat their heads over the awkwardness whenever the subject of marriage came into conversation.

"Dad." Adelaide entered Stephen's room as he pulled on the jacket of his tuxedo. He laughed and turned around, "Yes, Addy?" 

"You have to propose to Clea." She said, leaping onto his bed and sitting, crossing her legs. "You're acting like fourteen-year-old newly dating school couples; too awkward to make the next move." 

Stephen closed his eyes and raised his eyebrows before saying, "Oh?" 

"Damn right, 'Oh'." She chuckled, tucking her fingers under her forelegs, "Come on, Dad. Just propose to her." 

He produced a ring box from his pocket and tossed it at her before saying, "Why do you think I'm so nervous for today?" She opened it and gasped, for it was the most beautiful ring she'd ever seen. It was simple, a silver ring with a diamond in it. However, the silver itself had smaller diamonds studding along it. It glinted as the sharp light caught it, and she snapped the box shut. 

"You sneaky old man!" She gasped, getting off the bed and hugging him tightly, "I'm so happy for you!" 

Stephen hugged his daughter back, delighted how she felt about his plan. "Your very gay girlfriend helped me with the ring," He admitted, stroking Adelaide's hair out of habit, "So I think I've got a good one." 

"America was in on this?" Adelaide gasped, "No!" 

He simply nodded, resulting in yet another hug from her to him. He heard a chime from his phone and looked to see that Clea had already arrived at the venue. "Shoot, I'm late. Well, great." He said, hastily pocketing the phone and fixing his pocket square. Adelaide sighed and took it from him, sneezed, and wiped her nose with the pocket square.

"Every goddamn time." Stephen sighed, "Jeez."

She shoved him out the door and down the stairs saying, "Go, go, go." As she did. 

Finally he was out the door, ready for the big question he was to ask the love of his life.

--Time Skip to 2 more months later--

The wedding March played on the organ, and Adelaide stood on the side, next to her father, trying her best not to cry. "You look like you're about to explode." Stephen whispered.

"I know," She said, "I want to cry, but then my mascara might run."

"Lame excuse, sweetheart. You're not wearing any mascara." He chuckled, and looked back at Clea, who had reached the altar.

America stood next to Adelaide, and slipped her hand in hers, caressing the witch's knuckles with her thumb gently, as she saw the tears glistening in her eyes.

The lilting music went silent as the priest spoke, saying his words for the vows and such. Adelaide stepped forward fro one thing, to hand over the rings, as she was the ring bearer.

Then he reached 'The part'.

"Do you, Stephen Strange, take Clea...er..." He turned to Strange and whispered, "Her last name?"

"She doesn't have one." He said, "Not yet, atleast."

"Ah," Replied the priest before continuing, "Do you, Stephen Strange take Clea as your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do," Stephen said, giddily.

"Do you, Clea, take Stephen Strange as your lawfully wedded husband?" Asked the priest.

"I do." She smiled tearfully.

"You may now kiss the bride." Grinned the priest, stepping back. A raucous round of applause burst out as the newlyweds kissed, and Adelaide hid her face in America's shoulder as she cried of happiness.

The witch hugged her father tightly, resting her head on his chest as he hugged her back with equal force. "Congratulations!" She said, her voice muffled by his tuxedo.

"Thanks, Addy." He smiled, tears running freely.

She pulled away and fixed her suit jacket, composing herself and saying, "Now if you'll excuse me, I will get the car ready. You and Clea are going on your honeymoon! Graciously planned by America and I."

--Time Skip--

When it was time for the bride to throw her flowers, Clea tossed it behind, only for it to bonk Adelaide on the head before landing in America's hand. As the former fixed her bun in annoyance, everyone gasped. Clea winked at the Hispanic superhuman, "In due time."

All the four could do was laugh.

As the car drove away, Adelaide felt a slight sense of dread, not being able to process what just happened.

"You okay?" America asked, hugging her girlfriend from behind, startling her a bit.

"Yeah," She smiled, "I'm fine. Let's go home, shall we?"

America nodded, "Let's go home."

And so, they did.

----
OMG YEEEEEES

50 COMMENTS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!

COMMENT AND VOTE~

HAVE A FABULOUS DAY/NIGHT!

WITH TONS OF LOVE AND HUGS,
DAISY ROSE