Chapter 6

Leyla woke up the next day knowing that she would have to confront Michael. She was not ready for it at all. She didn't even know whether she was expected to do her duties anymore now that she was awake.

She stood up beside her bed, glaring at the chain around her ankle. She wouldn't be able to hide away from him anymore. He was free to hurt her however he wanted at this point.

Her doorknob turned, making her turn abruptly. Her heart was thumping in her chest. The door opened wide, revealing him.

He stepped in shutting the door quietly before turning his eyes to meet her frightened ones. He took a step towards her, causing her to bump into the dressing table.

“How are you feeling?” he asked, taking another step towards her. Leyla tensed immediately. She didn't bother answering him, it's not like he cared. He was probably asking so that he could use her body for his pleasure.

He raised his hand to her face, startling her. Leyla flinched, turning her head to the side and shutting her eyes tightly, expecting a hit from him.

Michael froze. He knew exactly why she had turned from him. She had never rejected his touch before and now she thought he would strike her across her face. He cupped the side of her face, stroking her cheek. Leyla gasped at the unexpected touch.

She gulped nervously looking up at him. His face was unreadable, but there was a slight hint of a frown on his face. She didn't expect this from him. She thought that perhaps he would hurt her more. Regardless, she could not forget what he had already done.

She moved her face away from his hand, averting her gaze. “I didn't expect this sort of behavior from you, Leyla.” He stated, disappointment lacing his voice.

“Just like i wasn't expecting you to hurt me?” She answered shakily.

“You deserved it!”

“You don't even know what happened.” she shouted. Michael glared down at her and she froze again, she didn't want to cower away from him, but she couldn't help it. He was stronger than her.

“Then tell me,” he said softly.

She felt tears filling her again and shook her head, sniffling.

“It's too late.” her voice cracked with pain. “I will never tell you what happened.”

“Why?” he asked.

“You should have asked me before you… you hit me. I would have told you the truth, but you didnt care. You treated me as if I'm not even a human.”

She pushed past him, walking to her bed. He grabbed her wrist, pulling her to an immediate stop.

“I'm not done talking.” he stated.

“Well I am.”  she whispered, tugging her hand out of his grip.

“Leyla.” he growled at her defiance.

She turned to look at him, a look of hurt crossing her face again. “What? What are you going to do this time? Hit me?”

MIchael stared at her clenching his fists.

She knew she was pushing the limit, he could punish her again, she wanted him to realize that he had been unjust towards her.

“Besides, there is probably nothing worse than you taking away my basic right of being a human being.” She muttered, looking down at the chain around her ankle.

“If you would have spoken to me like a normal person.”

“Normal? Is there anything normal here, Michael?” She asked, placing more emphasis on his name.

She said his name for the first time, she knew she was in trouble at the look on his face. “I can't even say your name and you think things are normal?”

He paused again, hating the fact that she was right. “You didn't even give me the chance to defend myself.” she whispered brokenly. Michael felt his chest tighten with guilt.

“I'm sending food up for you. Eat it.” he stated, turning away from her.

“Don't bother. I won't eat it.”

He stopped again. “You're already weak.”

“I'm not eating.” She repeated.

“Do not compel me to restrain you any further.”

She heard the threat in his voice and felt more tears filling her eyes. He still had not understood.

“What else is left?” She whispered shakily.

“Disobey me and you will find out.”

Now the threat was loud and clear and she couldn't ignore the shiver of fear that ran up her spine. Would he really hurt her again after all that? She heard the door shut behind him and she sat down on the bed,

For a moment she felt unsure of what to do. Should she obey, or rebel. She wasn't sure how bad the consequences could be. Her mind raced as she tried to think about it. She wanted to know how much he could hurt her, that would show her value in his eyes.

As he said earlier, her lunch arrived at the door, but she didn't move to open it. She left it where it was. By now she had showered and changed her clothes too. She sat down on her bed, pulling her knees to her chest, wrapping her arms around herself.

All thi because of that other woman. As she stayed caught up in her own thoughts, her door flung open. She gasped with fear as she saw Michael striding back into her room.

“I'm asking you one last time. Are you going to eat?” He growled. Leyla stayed silent, but her heart was thumping wildly in her ears. MIchael waited for her answer.

“No.”

He grabbed the chain, pulling her forwards. He unlocked it and grabbed her forearm, causing her to almost fall off the bed with the force of his pull.

Leyla struggled as hard as she could to get out of his grip, but he was too strong. He continued to drag her out, down the hallway to another room. He smacked the door open and shoved her inside.

She quickly looked around and saw a thin mattress on the floor lined up against the wall. She saw multiple chains attached to the wall.

“No…” She thought and tried to run past him. But he was already expecting her to doso. Michael pushed her back inside towards the mattress pushing her down on it. Leyla released a cry of fear as he  straddled her waist, tearing her dress off. “No. No!” She sobbed, clawing at his hands,

He took hold of one of the chains and hooked it onto her collar. Michael grabbed her wrists cuffing them too, but she continued to fight him. He finished retraining her and pulled off her body and watched her struggle to stand up, but due to the panic she could not do much.

“Remember Leyla, You asked for this.”

Leyla sobbed, wrapping her arms around herself, hiding her body from his gaze. She never thought he would go this far to hurt her.

MIchael stood there for a while before regret filled his heart. No other slave had eer acted this way and for some reason, it pained him to see her this way. She was visibly shivering with fear of what he would do to her now.

He left.

He closed the door behind himself and walked to his room, but the further he walked from her, the more dread filled his heart.

What had he done?