Chapter 9

She was free to walk around the mansion and that without the collar. She was a little afraid, but most of the guards in his home didn't even give her another look. She walked towards the library again, looking for a few new books to read.

Michael had given her a lot of space, he hadn't even touched her since the last kiss under the rain. Part of her wished that he would touch her again, but he hasn't apologized to her yet.

She sighed as she pushed the heavy door open, walking and looking through the high shelves lined up against the walls.

She spent a few moments just looking around hoping that something would catch her eyes. But so far there was nothing.

"I would recommend this book." said a deep baritone voice from behind her. She jumped at the sound of the unfamiliar voice, turning around sharply.

She stayed silent staring at the young man, he was surely handsome, but not as handsome as the man that kept her captive in the mansion.

He held the book out to her and Leyla cautiously held her hand out for it, "What is it about?" She asked softly, looking up at the man. He smiled, making her feel uneasy.

"It's a dark romance, about a young woman who was captured by a rich man."

"Leyla gulped, moving her hand away. "Oh... I'm not into that."

"You should give it a chance." He responded.

Leyla shook her head, stepping away from him. "No, thank you. I should go back. My master is probably waiting for me." She said hastily, excusing herself. Michael knew exactly where she was, she had informed him.

She quickly moved past him, rushing out the door.

Leyla released a scream when she was pushed up against the wall by the door. "Let me go!" She shouted, struggling against the tight grip around her waist.

"Stay still and I won't hurt you." he threatened lowly, Leyla froze, panting with fear. He gripped her chin with his free hand and tilted her head up. She gulped, unsure of what he was planning.

He leaned down pressing his lips to hers, making her protest against his mouth. She closed her mouth tightly, trying to pull her arms out. "Kiss me back or I'll do much worse."

He grabbed her wrists forcefully, linking their fingers together and pressing them into the wall. Leyla felt tears filling her eyes, she shook her head pleadingly, but he didn't stop. He leaned down again, pressing his lips harder than before, when she didn't kiss him back; he bit down on her lip hard, causing her to gasp in pain. He took his chance and thrust his tongue into her mouth, Leyla fought the urge to gag.

"What the fuck is going on here?"

He jumped away from her, releasing her completely. She caught herself against the wall, panting for air. Leyla looked up at him through her tear filled eyes to see him glaring at her.

"She started it. She kept provoking me to come over to her."

Leyla gasped outraged. "No! I didn't. Michael i didn't do anything-"

"Quiet." He growled. Leyla's heart broke once again at the order. Of course he didn't believe her. She released a sob as she ran off.

She ran outside after all that and the worst part was the fact that he believed that guard. She collapsed beside the fountain, on the floor. She wasn't allowed outside, but at this point she didn't care. She pulled her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around herself and cried. Just when she started things were beginning to build up between her and Michael and her, something just had to ruin everything.