Stealing from the Devil chp4

My heart lurched forward

"yeah?" I asked my voice faltering," what did you want to ask me,"

"Why do you hate Tiana?" he asked as we started walking down the hall. His question shocked me, I wasn't sure what he was going to say but I wasn't expecting that. I certainly didn't know how to answer I couldnt say because you love her.

" Errrr What makes you think I hate her? I don't hate her," my voice sounded in a slightly higher tune, i meant to sound genuine but my voice betrayed me. I looked at Jay to see if he bought it.

If he did he wasn't a satisfied customer. He gave me that "Do you think I

Dumb?" look

" It's just.....Now that you guys are dating we just don't hang out like we use to, you know when we'd go to Roonies and eat a whole large pizza and special surprise sundae, If we did that nowadays she'd come up and dump a Roonies Sundae right on my head," this wasn't exactly lying. Jay chuckled " I see what you mean,but don't worry one of these days we'll go to Roonies just you and me just like old times," He promised kicking a rock with his converse as we ducked under the William Feild Boarding School iron gate. Was he suggesting what I thought he was?

" I'd like that," I replied as we met up with the rest of the group.

I could hear the music blaring from outside as we walked on the stairs of the mansion. It was an aging colonel house it was once painted white and had several missing windows but it was still as grand as ever. We walked past the once working fountain as someone spotted me.

"CHLOE!" some kid shouted my name to the whole world , I walked in examining the room a dj booth, tables lined with food, the room was packed with people dancing against each other. When they saw me they cheered. I felt like a ping pong ball as I was was shoved from person to person ,people saying hey Chloe, random guys asking me to dance. I declined them all , there was only one guy I wanted to dance with but he seemed to have been enveloped by the crowd, so I danced with Blare instead. Then something caught my eye.

Hot pink pumps.

Jay was in a corner talking with a Tiana who was wearing a hoodie , afraid of everyone making fun of her, how pathetic. Jays eyebrows furrowed and he put his hand up in the airs as a sign of defeat. Tianna seemed furious by the stiffness of her manner Jay tried to calm her resting his hand on her shoulder she shrugged it off and stormed away. Jay ran his hands through his hair and slid down the wall. I "ping ponged" through the crowd and sat down by Jay. He looked at me and smiled faintly. "Girlfriends troubles?" it was a waste of breathe asking the obvious. He nodded. I took my punch cup and placed It to my lips about to take a sip. Jay took it from me.

"don't you know not to drink the red juice?," he smiled ," Will always spikes it with some real nasty stuff, you'll be barfing all night," he said taking my cup and placing it on the ground.

" It's okay what happened with Tiana I still got you , Chlo,"

His words made me smile softly.

That night when I got home from the party I thought I'd had him.

I couldn't be more wrong

- Hey guys hope you liked this I'm sorry for any grammar mistakes , I'll try to keep up with this roll I'm on, getting two chapters a day ! WOOT WOOT ! Anyways comment, and vote :) thank you -evee