|06| A Man With A Plan

Chapter 6!

~~~~~~~~~~

"It's the USS Franklin, James," Victoria told Kirk as they reached the Bridge of Jaylah's 'house,' Kirk looking around at the room, stunned to even find a ship ON the planet let alone it be the Franklin.

"Can you believe it?" Scotty spoke with resounding awe, still unable to believe himself that they were standing on the long-missing ship, "First Earth ship capable of Warp 4. Went missing in the Gagarin Radiation Belt in the early 2160s."

"I remember that from the Academy," Kirk nodded.

"Captain Balthazar Edison," Victoria recited, her father had been adamant that she learn the captains of all the Fleet ships through the history of the endeavor. He had been even more fixated on the ones that went missing or died in action, Edison was one, "One of the first heroes of Starfleet."

"How the hell did his ship end up here?" Kirk breathed, still looking around at it. It appeared in relatively good condition, or it was stable at least. He wasn't seeing any excessive damage to the Bridge that would indicate an attack like what felled the Enterprise.

"There's a lot of theories, sir," Scotty shrugged, as did Victoria, but he continued to speak "Surrendered to the Romulans. Captured by a giant green space hand. This far out, it's got to be a wormhole displacement."

"I agree," Victoria nodded, "There's no other reason for it to be here, in this condition, without an attack that the Fleet would have recorded from distress calls or logs reporting it was heading into the Nebula on its own."

"Can she fly?" Kirk turned to the two engineers.

Scotty nearly snorted when he noticed Kirk seemed to be asking Victoria more than him. It was just as well though, he specialized in engines. Victoria would know more about the structural integrity of the ship as a whole than he would, both from her initial assessments and her general knowledge of Fleet ships and types. It was something Engineering Liaisons had to know as well, the makes and models of other ships, even the oldest ones, their parts, incase a time ever came where parts of other ships needed to be used for the newer counterparts.

"She's missing 3 driver coils and the EPS conduits are garbage," Victoria reported, "But Jaylah's been very hard at work and a majority of the ship's systems are back online."

"Thank you, Victoria Pike," Jaylah spoke.

Kirk moved to sit on the captain's chair, only for Jaylah to plop down there already, "Pardon me," he stepped back from it, shooting Victoria a look when she snorted at it, "Mr. Chekov," he called out, clearing his throat to try and cover up that minor awkwardness, "Can you plug in the coordinates? See if you can track the crew's location from the ship's sensors?"

"Aye, Captain," Chekov moved to quickly do that.

Victoria looked over when she heard Scotty whispering to Jaylah, "He likes that seat."

"Mr. Scott," Kirk called out, hearing it as well, "Tour?"

"Yes, the mess hall," Scotty jumped right back to attention, "Jaylah, if you will?"

"Yes," Jaylah nodded, getting up to lead them through the ship, Kirk and Victoria following, Victoria fighting a smile when Kirk took her hand and didn't let go.

~~~~~~~~~~

"This is only a recording," Jaylah spoke as she showed them footage on a monitor of another room of the ship, what appeared to be the last footage of the original crew rushing about around their captain.