24 | Believe Or Trust?

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

"YOU GOT EVERYTHING kiddo?" I ask as Alyona hops in the backseat of the car. 

"Yes." She hums. 

"I'm over for dinner by the way." I add with a smug smile.

"I figured." She says dryly. 

Faith doesn't greet Alyona when she comes in the car - she doesn't even bother to give her a glance. Which is...odd. And also awkward because it leaves me being the messenger between the two for a whole car ride. 

"I'm making pasta." I say. 

"I'll help." Alyona offers. 

"Was that...perhaps you being nice?" I fake surprise. 

"You realise you're beefing with a kid over a decade younger than you, right?" Alyona deadpans. 

Faith's lips quirk upwards at the remark - showing there seems to be some humanity or amusement left in her. Maybe they just got into a small fight or something - I've known Faith forever and it seems possible. I've also only known Alyona a small while - but it also seems possible given her track record with attitude. 

"Yes," I sigh, "And I'd beef with you for another decade if you gave me the honour." 

Alyona squints in the rearview mirror, confused by my answer. Kill them with kindness right? 

"There's a school dance coming up Aly," Faith changes the topic, "Do you plan on going?"

"Uh, I don't know. Maybe." She clears her throat. 

"Who would you go with?" Faith asks absentmindedly, scrolling through her phone. 

"I don't like anyone right now." She hums sweetly. 

"Bullshit. She wants to go with the cheer captain." I out her. 

"Stone!"

"Aly?!" 

"Fuck." Alyona slumps. 

"You're meant to tell me about your crushes!" Faith turns fully in her seat, completely disregarding the previous tension she was hellbent on keeping up. 

"I don't!" 

Faith looks to me. 

"She so does." I grin. 

"We need to have a chat young lady." Faith scolds Alyona, turning back to her. 

"Oh, look, we're home now." Aly says quickly pointing out front to where I've pulled up on Faith's street.

"Doesn't change the fact I'm interrogating you." 

"In which way?" Aly fires, and I can tell she didn't realise the words came out of her mouth until they did by the way her eyes slightly pinched and her eyebrows raised.