57 | Screwdriver

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

NO. DON'T LOOK at me like that. There's no way I could have stayed in the closet any longer, it was far too dangerous for everyone I care about...and also super clammy.

Everyone forgets that even though I can't throw a punch to save my life, my tech skills got me a contract with the most powerful man in the state while I was residing in an actual orphanage. People need to stop skimming past that.

I'm walking around freely down halls, people running past me and sometimes walking. I think because of my calm nature; I'm not seen as an actual threat. And therefore; I'm the biggest threat.

I learnt the blueprint of this precinct some time ago. When I still worked for Ivan and was hacking a lie detector for Aly who had just been taken in. Now, although I am putting my evil past aside, it is useful I went through it. Because now, I know exactly where to go in order to find the room.

The room, is the Eka room. There's a the room in every building - and it's the one that I have the most fun in. The one where my abilities thrive.

An electrical room.

I smile when finding it, pattering in like an excited toddler and closing the door behind me.

I could probably turn all the electricity off? That would just turn computers and lights off though. If only electric guns were a thing, I'm sure I'd be able to find a way to disconnect them all.

Looking around at circuits and wires in the room, I take the time to explore.

There are three large boxes with data and inserts, heaps of room for storing secrets, and an unfair amount of equipment I could definitely do some hectic shit with if given. I mean I accidentally hacked the government that one time - imagine what I could do with all this.

So much. SO, so much. This must be what I get off on.

"Eka?"

I spin around instantly to be met with a very, very bad person I definitely did not want to see.

"Chris?"

"Oh. Hey. Um. How have you been?" He scratches the back of his head.

"Traumatised, I watched someone get shot through the head." I deadpan.

"Sorry about that." He chuckles awkwardly.

"Sorry?" I repeat astonished.

"You gotta do what you gotta do. It's all apart of the job." He shrugs.

"How can you talk so casually about killing an innocent person?" I feel my anger rising. I hate people like that. People like the man I worked for for so long.

"No! Don't misunderstand me - I'm totally in the wrong. But I can talk about it so casually because I'm used to it." He shrugs.

I'm not liking how he's talking to me. Like this is a casual conversation, like he seems the same - again, like he didn't just kill someone a day ago.