62 | Kerosene

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

ALL WE CAN do is wait now. Wait for them to come, find us eventually, and then fight like our lives depend on it. Because they quite literally do.

"Do we have any weapons?" I ask the group.

"No."

"Nah."

"I don't-"

"Yeah."

Everyone turns and stares at Alexei.

"Just how many weapons do you carry on you?" Faith asks him.

"Enough to survive." He shrugs.

"What?" I raise a brow, "A couple knives and a handgun?"

Alexei squints at that, reaching into his waistband. First, he pulls out the couple knives I predicted. And then an extra seven I definitely didn't. Next, there are three handguns. Then he kneels to the ground and lifts a floorboard.

"What. The. Fuck." I voice out.

"You're telling me this is the place you bragged about at night?" Eka laughs.

"This is the place I held all my weaponry, yes." Alexei rolls his eyes.

"He'd never tell us," Alyona elaborates, "Something about us accidentally telling Ivan or literally anyone else."

"So you're a dooms day prepper?" Faith asks with a smug grin.

"I'm wary." Alexei corrects.

"This isn't wary, this is freaky." I then correct him.

"Better a freak than dead." Alexei shrugs, cocking a shotgun and checking it's barrel.

"Is that kerosene?" Aly asks, stepping forward and picking up a bottle with stars in her eyes.

"Yup." Alexei nods.

"This will probably be our best bet. Considering there's going to be a whole lot more of them than us." Alyona plays with the bottle in her hand.

"Well, given the underwater base incident - they'll at least have a lot less Ivanov's." Faith adds in.

"But the Romano's are probably bigger now," Alexei notes, "And...that might actually help us."