59 | Adrenaline

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

WE'RE AT THE top of the stairwell now, inches away from getting out and onto the roof. 

This is definitely a decision inspired by daringness...not logic.

"Do we just, like, barge in?" Stone asks.

"I mean-"

I start to answer but Alexei kicks the door open and walks out with zero signal.

"...yeah." I finish my sentence now that we're out.

There's a portion of people up here. Ivan - of course - and Aly by his side as well. Guards, obviously, are posted in the remaining areas - but luckily, no helicopter seems to be near. We still have time.

Time to do what? Act on instinct probably. There's four of us including Alyona - but we can make it work. We've made it work before.

I don't know if Gloria and Captain Irons are safe. If they've been left alone and not considered a threat, or shot for inconvenience - I don't know. All I can do is hope.

The one satisfactory aspect of all of this - is that Ivan looks surprised to see us.

"Where's Korran?" He asks, guards in front of him for protection.

"Back in the room where you left him." I shrug.

"Doing what?" Ivan asks warily.

"Probably answering his sins in hell." I smile.

Ivan glares at me.

"Also my mother shot herself." I add.

"You're lying." He says in a tone that implies he genuinely believes what he's saying.

"Nope," I shake my head, "You ruined her. You thought she loved you - but she killed herself instead of wasting another second with you. Here's her blood on my shirt, wanna feel?"

"Stop it." He sneers.

"Not until I get Aly." I declare without missing a beat.

Then there's a moment of silence. One where the wind takes hold of the mic and bristles over our landscape.

And then Ivan laughs. "Sure," He says pulling out an item from his pocket, "You can have her."

The item he holds is a remote. Not a gun or dagger, not anything that makes sense.

Then he presses a button.