Chapter 29

During the reception, everybody was excited upon the couple's arrival sa venue. Lahat sila nakatayo at di mapakali na makita ang bagong kasal. After few minutes, the couple arrived. Pagkabukas ng pintuan ng convention hall, sinalubong sina Julie at Elmo ng party poppers by their friends. The crowd clapped happily and excitingly have the smiles on their faces. As Julie and Elmo walked towards their table, their parents couldn't help but smile and become teary-eyed.

Pia: (whispers to Marivic) Mars, mukhang di tayo masasanay na wala yung mga anak natin sa bahay pagkatapos ng araw na'to ah? Haha

Marivic: Oo nga Mars eh, panganay ko pa naman yang si Japs. Di ko akalaing mag-aasawa na pala. Ang bilis nga naman talaga ng panahon. Haha

Pia: Naku! Mars, baka di natin mamalayan, karga-karga na natin yung apo natin next time. Hahaha

Marivic: Haha! Ikaw talaga Mars, wag mo namang madaliin yung mga bata.

Masayang nakatingin ang mga ina ng dalawa sa kanila habang nagsasayaw sina Julie at Elmo, while their guests and sponsors are pinning money bills as traditioned in every Filipino weddings. Maluha-luha parin si Julie sa mga nangyayari.

Julie: (teary-eyed habang nakangiting nakatitig sa asawa)

Elmo: Babe, ba't ganyan ka makatingin? May dumi ba ako sa mukha o sadyang napakagwapo ko lang? (pa-cute smile sabay taas-baba ng kilay)

Julie: Sira, di noh! Di lang talaga pa rin ako makapaniwalang mag-asawa na tayo. (smile)

Elmo: (pouts) Ayaw mo pa ba?

Julie: Ikaw, batukan kita dyan eh. Sinabi ko bang ayaw ko?

Elmo: (hinalikan ang dulo ng ilong ni Julie) Hindi.

Julie: Na-surprise nga lang kasi ako. Pero thanks Moe, thank you talaga.

Elmo: For what?

Julie: For this, for all of these. For everything. For you. (smile)

Elmo: My pleasure. (kiss sa noo ni Julie)

After the couple's dance, they ate their lunch and then proceeded to the throwing of bouquet and garter toss. Maqui was the one who caught the bouquet while Frank was the one who got the garter. Everybody has the kilig vibe and Elmo and Julie keeps on teasing Maqui and Frank habang ginagawa nila yung tradisyunal na pagsusuot ng garter sa leg ng nakakuha ng bouquet. After that, the couple had their speeches.

Elmo: Uhmm, *clears throat* I'd like to thank each and everyone who have been a part of this extra special occasion for me and for my wife. Naks! Wife na talaga. Haha. Ah, di ko 'to magagawa without the help of our friends and family and, of course, our organizer. Thank you so much for making these all possible. Maqui, Lexi, Wyn, Diva, Lo, Bea, Barbs, Joyce, Yass, Maxx, Saab, Claws, Krystal, Ella, Julia, Bianca, Janella, Rita and Kylie, thank you for helping me sa lahat ng preparations na dapat ay si Julie ang kasama ko. Enzo, Frank, Sef, Steven, Rocs, Julian, Arkin, Manolo, Derrick, Iñigo, Miguel, Jim, Francis, Iñigo, Marlo and Miggy thanks for being my extra hands and drivers. Hehe. To our parents, Mom, Mama Ivic, Papa Jo, Pop, thanks for bringing us into this world. For the support and love and the blessing for this day to become possible. And to my gorgeous and lovely wife, Julie, thank you for being mine. I love you so much forever and for always. (kissed Julie's forehead)

Julie: (teary-eyed parin) Uhmm, ah *deep breath and heaved a sigh sabay singhot* uhmm, I still don't know what to say. Haha. Siguro, magte-thankyou nalang ako sa lahat ng mga naging parte ng araw na'to and to all those who're involved in making this surprise very successful. To our friends, co-workers, family and relatives who have blessed us today, thank you all. And of course, to my most handsome and loving husband, you made me very very happy today. Thank you kasi you've been my savior in every obstacle na hindi ko kayang lagpasan mag-isa. You gave me everything I need and want. You were the best gift God has blessed me. Moe, thank you – thank you for making me fall in love over and over again every single second of the day. I love you so much forever and for always. *sniff snifff* (punas luha)