Epilogue

Faelyn

As they rested in their cradle, I smiled down at my twin girls, Kali and Pyria (Kyro insisted on those names). It was a twelve-hour labor, but I would do it all over again. It has been a few months since the war ended and it seems like things are finally settling.

The castle is being used as a home for refugees and orphans that have suffered at the hands of the Holy Alliance. Mina and Lonzo handle things there.

Landon and Ayla have decided to travel together and help any villages rebuild that have been destroyed because of this deadly war.

Yvaine and her people have opened their borders and have become known for their healing. That sphinx blood that they harvest has already saved many lives.

Nyra and I have made up and she was more than delighted to babysit whenever we needed her to. She also seems to enjoy spoiling my daughters rotten.

After much debate, the people of Voma decided that King Akal, Annalisa, and Fenian will rot in a prison cell with the creatures that they hate so much until they meet their end. It seems like a fitting end. Death would have been too generous.

I sighed as I looked out the window of the cabin that Kyro and I stay in. It is not too far from the castle and I have an amazing view of a field of wildflowers. We both agreed that while he may be king now, that castle is too big and it could serve a better purpose. Besides, this cabin feels more like a home than that stone fortress ever could.

Speaking of Kyro, he emerged through the front door with a bright smile that could rival the sun itself. His amber eyes held so much joy as he went to join me and his daughters. I never in a million years would have seen this future for myself. However, I am happy with this ending.

"I fear Nyra and Mina will have my head if we are late to this celebration for the twins." Kyro chuckled.

"Well, we should not keep them waiting, King Kyro." I chuckled.

"The carriage awaits, Queen Faelyn," Kyro beamed with a bow.

Yes, I became his queen. But more importantly, I will forever be his Dragon Flame.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Fin