Mate

MAXWELL'S POV

I couldn't believe my eyes. The mate I have been long searching for for three long years was right in front of me. He was the most beautiful man I have ever seen. He had fluffy dark hair and a cute little nose. And his scent. It was the the most intoxicating thing ever. It was a mix of honeysuckle and apples. I snapped out of trance to pick up my hurt mate over my shoulder.
"Please don't kill me" the woman said. She was tall and lanky and had the same dark hair as my mate and she smelled like him, well the honeysuckle part of him.
"I am not going to kill you" I said walking towards the pack
"Mother what is happening" he shouted hitting my back.
"It is okay love you need to stay in control" she said walking behind me and my mate who I let because she was his mother.
"Go to the pack house and tell Dr.Prawn to meet me in the clinic" I told my Beta who was the Doctor's Mate.
"Oh Hell no you are not taking me anywhere" my mate said clawing at my back. It didn't hurt. I have thick skin since I am an Alpha.
He put his hand on my back and started to say something that I couldn't understand. And then I felt a burning sensation on my back.
"STOP" the woman order. And as soon as she spoke the feeling was gone.
"Let me go" He screamed. I pained him to hear those words. I wanted my mate to love me and let me carry him everywhere. I just glance behind my shoulder to see my mate as red as a rose. He was cute when he was mad. All I want to do was kiss those perfect cheeks and make him calm down. He would be able to in good time I told myself still on the trail to the pack house. It was about a 20 minute run but a 2 hour walk back to the back house. I didn't mind that much it gives me more time to smell my sweet mate and look at his ass. My mate was wearing lose jeans but I could it plain as day. An ass that was all mine and will forever be mine. I quickly shook myself from those thoughts cause I am starting to get rock hard and kept walking about 10 minutes into the walk and he felt the hits getting weaker. And after 15 minutes they stopped all together. I wonder why he stopped? He is probably a sleep or knock out.
"He trained hard today, he needs his rest" his mother said walking beside him now.
"How did you..." I was quickly cut off.
"I am a witch and got into your thoughts" she said before I could finish my sentence. She said it like was the most normal thing in the world.
"You must be powerful then" I said looking at her. I could see her more clearly now. Her face was soft but yet wrinkled from the pressure of such power.
"Yes I was an elder for my clan" she said showing me the inside of her cloak. Inside it bore the mark of the Saint George clan one of the most powerful witch clans in all the world.
"How old are you" I asked curiously.
"My body stopped aging at 40, but I truly am 100 years old" she said smiling at me.
But what about my mate was he immortal? Was he going to have great power like her?
"He does have great power and as for the aging I have no clue" she said looking him in the eye.
"Your an interesting person" I said moving my eyes to the path ahead of us and away from her.
"As are you" she told me looking at her son. We walked the rest of the way in silence.

After walking an other hour and 45 minutes, they reached the pack house. It was a grand mansion which was built in the year 1900 by my great-great grandfather. As soon as we walked in Dr.Prawn ran straight to us wondering what happened to the unconscious man on my shoulders. I sat my mate on the couch and lead his mom in the kitchen. My mom ran right to me and smiled and hug me before she looked at the woman next to me and smiled.
"Mare" she said hugging the woman. I am very confused by how my mother responded to the woman apparently named Mare.
"How do you too know each other" I asked looking between them.
"Mare was mated to my best friend from my home pack," she said smiling.
"We only knew each other 2 and half years before I met your father" my mother said hugging Mare again.
"I heard what happened to David. How is Sage" she asked leaning on the counter. So that was my mate's name. Sage. I already got the name branded in my mind. Sage. It is the best name I have ever heard.
"What happened" I asked getting out of my little trance.
"Sage killed him and cursed the pack" she said as calm as the wind.
"I told you my son is powerful" she said looking at me. Just then Dr.Prawn came into the kitchen.
"He is awake"