Chapter 12 - Disciplinary Committee

When I made it back, I put on the uniform and inspected my new black and gold outfit in the mirror. The black and gold blazer wrapped all the way around my upper body and hung just past my waistline, pressed flat with a thin black and gold belt.

The blazer also extended all the way up my neck, and instead of fanning out like most collars, it was flattened against my neck with a golden chain that branched off down to one of the buttons below, before wrapping around it neatly.

Adjusting the collar in the mirror, I realized that my undershirt was almost barely noticeable. I was thankful it wasn't too prominent because I didn't want to get made fun of for looking goofy.

Although the black and gold didn't exactly bring out the best of my dull, red eyes, it did however accent my shoulder-length jet-black hair quite nicely.

'I'll have to take this thing off if I get into any fights though...while I'm sure that this uniform is pretty flame resistant, I doubt the sleeves would hold up too well against my explosions. I don't even know what kind of super material Mister got his hands on for my undershirt to be able to be completely fireproof and blast resistant, but it hasn't been cut, burned, or ripped in any sort of way.'

I slowly walked across the campus of the prestigious Xyrus Academy as I searched for the room I was looking for.

Eventually, finding the right room, I walked through the training area where I realized there didn't seem to be anyone to greet me yet.

Pushing open the door, I noticed that I seemed to be the first one to arrive.

I walked into the disciplinary committee room that almost looked like a giant library. Stepping up the short flight of stairs and plucking out one of the books, I looked curiously at the tome titled, "Famous Adventurers Throughout the Decades."

I skimmed through it, realizing that I didn't actually know too many adventurers, then I placed it back on the shelf, shoving its contents to the back of my mind as I sat on the ground and waited.

Soon, the first member entered the room. It was a boy, who looked to be 3, maybe 4 years older than my 13-year-old self.

He had mahogany-colored hair and wore a brilliantly designed gold and black uniform that looked like it was designed for a prince.

His black blazer had gold accents and gold buttons that ran down his uniform.

''Wait, is that actually the prince of Sapin?'

"Ah! I didn't expect anyone to actually beat me in here," the boy said with an embarrassed chuckle, "I even woke up extra early so I would be the first here."

"Guess I was lucky," I muttered in a deadpan tone.

Seemingly not thrown off by my half-assed response, the boy covered his chest with his hand, "My name is Curtis Glayeder, 5th-year fire-attribute augmenter."

'Glayder? So he is the human prince...'

"I'm Firae, first-year," I replied brusquely.

"Not much of a talker are you?" He asked, giving me a welcoming smile.

'Take a damn hint.'

"Guess not."

As our conversation died out, faint footfalls sounded behind me and I figured I probably wouldn't have actually noticed them if I hadn't sensed the mage's mana core.

"This is my sister Kathlyn," the prince said, gesturing toward a pretty, petite, black-haired girl as I looked over my shoulder.

Studying her, I saw that she was dressed similarly to her brother, except that instead of pants, she wore a skirt that came just above her knees.