One

The feeling that he will always be alone bothered Edward Cullen. At the same time, he wasn't worried about finding the one. Well that's what he thought because he wasn't expecting to see a beautiful girl walk by him laughing with her friends. Jessica Stanley, who is one of Sophie's friends saw the new kid looking at Sophie. "I may want him, but you know what."

"I am so confused." Sophie asked as she stopped walking and looked at her. "Who do you want besides Mike?"

"I don't know him, but he is gorgeous. The only thing is, he has eyes for you." Jessica says as she grabbed her friend and pointed out the new boy. "Girl, there he is."

Sophie's brown eyes connected with golden ember eyes. She blushed as she looked at her friend. Edward watched as the two walked away. "Who was that?"

"I don't know." Alice says. "But she is very athletic."
~~~
Sophie walked the halls smiling. She saw the same boy staring at her making her walk over to him smiling. "Why do you stare at me when I walk by you?"

Edward was shocked that she noticed. "I, uh..." he chuckled. "I never met someone like you. You're different as far as I know." He tells her. "I'm Edward Cullen."

"Sophie Swan." She says as they shook hands just to jerk back from the feeling they got. "What was that?"

"I don't know." He said. "I...I'll talk to you later."

Sophie stood there dumbfounded. "What just happened?"

Alice watched a confused Sophie go to the bathroom. She walked over and grabbed his arm. "Don't you dare do this, Edward. That girl is your mate."

Edward looked back at the bathroom. "Why can't I stop looking at her?"

"Because she is beautiful and your mate." She tells him. "Get to know her."

Edward nodded as that plan sounds good. He was going to know her. After all, she is his mate. He was going to know her today.
~~~
After school, Edward noticed a lot of the students leaving, but some. One included Sophie Swan's car. He went looking for her wondering what was up.

Sophie smiled as she walked out in her practice clothes. She didn't see Edward watching as she started practicing. The way she moved had Edward in a trance. He wanted her. He watched her move her hips, shake, and... he groaned at the thought of her doing all that to him. "My mate is a cheerleader?"