Chapter 27:Epilogue 1 - Fixing

...

Arturia was a physically strong woman, and in battle that had been proven more than once.

But that did not mean that she was able to carry a sleeping thirteen-year-old girl on her own, especially when she was very low on mana and therefore unable to use magic to ease her task.

The King of Heroes suppressed a sigh as he made those considerations, and then looked at Sakura. The girl had proven her courage by offering herself as a vessel, even if it had been her means of welcoming death. Arturia had given up her most powerful Noble Phantasm for her… that meant something. And as much as he wished to feel again the very pleasing contact of his lips on hers, right then, they needed to leave. There were going to be a lot of – tedious, Gilgamesh mentally added – bureaucratic forms to fill out about the half-destroyed Church, and that was going to take time… time they did not intend to waste in that moment.

He went next to the King of Knights, bent over a little and picked up the girl himself. As he stood up again, he indicated for Arturia to take his arm.

Immediately understanding that he intended to dematerialize with them both, she frowned, looking at the sleeping Sakura.

"But, we don't know about the effects of dematerialization on the girl…"

His reply was cool, calm, collected…, and logical.

"She has Avalon," he said. "She has survived the Grail's destruction with it, she can handle dematerialization."

The woman still seemed a little worried, but she came closer to take his arm. Before touching him – and he could not wait for that contact between them, however small it was –, she asked where he intended to go.

His reply was immediate.

"To Germany."

Her eyes widened.

"That is halfway across the planet, Gilgamesh. You don't have enough mana–"

He almost narrowed his eyes at her, and she sighed, knowing that it was useless to discuss with him.

"Very well. I suppose it's best to take Sakura somewhere safe and among friends, where she will be properly taken care of."

She put her small hand on his and, with the sleeping girl in his arms, they disappeared.

*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*

As soon as they arrived, her hand left his – to his obvious disappointment – and they were welcomed at the shiny new Einzbern Hotel.

The homunculi instantly made sure that they were seen inside, and Arturia entrusted Sakura to their care, giving them firm instructions to let the tired girl rest.

Illya and Rin were immediately informed of the arrival of their legal guardians and, knowing what it meant, rushed to meet them. The two kings were still in their armours – Arturia had made her own reappear as soon as they had left the inside of the Church, in case there were other dangers –, but that did not stop the two girls from jumping towards them, happy and relieved. Illya embraced Arturia tightly and Rin almost – almost – hugged Gilgamesh, barely managing to stop herself in time.

Shirou and Taiga had been told about their presence as well, but they tactfully gave them some space, at least for a while. Besides… it was not as if the boy was looking forward to being in the company of a tall, arrogant man who very evidently detested him.