Chapter one

"Jieun?" a voice speaks from over the phone, "Jieun, are you at home? I'm at the park in front of your house right now, let's meet up."

    "What? Why? So suddenly? Right now?" I confusedly asked.

"Yes, right now!" he says.

"Fine, give me a minute, I'll be down."

After getting the elevator down to my apartment, a boy with hazel colored hair and eyes was outside the door, waiting for me, smiling widely. He's pretty tall with a well proportioned body.

"Hey, Jae-hyun, what's up?" I asked, still confused as to why I was here.

"Nothing, I just wanted to see you." he said sweetly.

Jae-hyun and I go way back to when we were only toddlers. Our parents are close friends from college so we practically grew up together. I still remember the first time we met. We were only two years old at the time. It was in a restaurant, and we were eating together when I suddenly fell asleep, and fell face flat on my spaghetti. Honestly, I don't have any memories of it myself, it was my mom that would occasionally remind me of the story.

It's very embarrassing, especially now that his first impression of me is a girl that fell asleep into her spaghetti. But I was only two years old so that's my excuse.

I also have my first impression of him, although I honestly don't remember... All I can remember of him from our childhood was that I fell in love.

He was my first love. I'm not sure when exactly I fell in love with him. Maybe it was the first time we met, at the restaurant. I know I was only two years old at the time and don't even understand the concept of love.

But I'm sure since then, everytime I think of him, or hear someone mention his name, I get this tingling feeling of nervousness and excitement. That was the most love I could understand at the time.

We started strolling around the park. It was around 11 midnight at the time.

"So... what are we gonna do?"

"Hey," he said, "do you want to go to the swings on the hill?"

The swings on the hill, that's what we've always called our secret spot. We found it when hiking down a trail once. It's only a small hill with a set with swings. But it was our spot. Not too far away, there's a metro station about a five minutes walk away. On the hill, you can see one of the best view of the city there is.

"Sure, why not-" and before I could finish speaking, he grabbed me by the hands and started pulling me and running. I can still vividly imagine the smile he had on his face at the time. It was so bright and warm.