Chapter four

School has ended and as I head to my company, a sense of nervousness makes my heart beat fast

School has ended and as I head to my company, a sense of nervousness makes my heart beat fast. I head into the building unsure where to start. I didn't expect to be telling the company about Jae-Hyun so early. Maybe it was that while talking to Hyun-Jung and Hae-Won, I felt a sense of encouragement to tell the company about my boyfriend. But I'm starting to regret it now. I turned my foot around but something, no, someone blocked me.

"Ah, Jieun! Funny bumping into you here." a voice from an older man spoke to me. I looked up and, "Ah, Si-Hyuk PD-nim," I said with a surprised tone, "what are you doing here?" It's very rare to run into the CEO of a company right at the entrance of their office building. What great luck I have, honestly.

"Nothing really, I just came here for some fresh air. What are you doing here?" he asked. "Umm... nothing... really-" he cuts me off, "What's going on?" he stares at my face, "You're hiding something aren't you?" he says all smiley. He completely read through me. I guess knowing Bang Si-Hyuk-nim for so long has its downsides.

I sighed. "Uh... there is something I have to tell you..." Wait, no, this isn't it. I shouldn't tell him here so straight up like this. How do I take back my words? My head began to spin and my heart was beating fast.

He looks at me for a second, "Let's talk then." and without another word, I followed him to a balcony a few floors above.

"So, what is it you want to tell me?" he said. But this time, he had a serious look on his face.

"AHH- WHAT DO I DO, WHAT SHOULD I SAY??" I screamed internally. Despite showing a calm look on my face.

"Actually," I finally say, "I am dating Jae-Hyun." I pause for a minute to observe his facial expressions. ~silence.

"What?" he finally says, "really?" I think right then my heart might just burst out of my body. Why am I so nervous?

"I'm sorry-" I try to explain but he cuts me off, "What? Is that all you have to say?" he sighs out loud. I pause for another minute, visibly confused.

"Ah... Jieun, you really know how to freak out a person." he sighs but out of relief. "I thought you were sick and dying or-"

"WHAT? HAHAHAHAHA" I laugh so hard I'm worried someone might think I'm crazy. "Why would I be dying??"

"I don't know, you looked so serious so I wasn't sure what to think about!" he says while I'm still laughing so hard I'm almost crying.

"And I thought you two were already dating! Jae-Hyun right? He always comes to the company to visit you and you guys are so close to each other that I thought you guys were already a thing!" Right then, the glass window was pushed open and a few boys fell flat to the floor and they were all laughing.

"Huh? What are you guys doing here too?" I was unaware that the whole time, a few guys have been eavesdropping on our conversation.

"You didn't notice?" Hi-Syuk blurts out. "No?..." I say. The guys were still laughing.

"He thought she was gonna die! Bahahaha" Jung-Kook laughs, pointing at Bang Si-Hyuk. The other boys laugh along.

"Seriously though, Jieun, why did you look so serious?" Yoon-Gi points out, still laughing. "Yeah, I know right, I thought she and that Jae-Hyun boy were already dating too," Seok-Jin says.

"Didn't you come to this company for freedom? And you were so nervous just to tell Hi-Syuk you were dating a guy." Nam-Joon says.

"Yeah exactly," Bang Si-Hyuk-nim added, "Jieun you're a great producer, you should date some guys, and you'll gain more inspiration." I smiled in relief.

"And what were you guys doing eavesdropping?" I say finally turning the attention to the guys still on the floor as they get up one by one.

"We were just curious about what you could be talking about so that you and Bang Hi-Syuk-nim had to go outside for a private conversation," Jimin says.

    "And you both had such a serious expression on your face, it's hard to not be so curious!" Tae-Hyung said, trying to explain themselves.

    "In the end, we're just glad that you aren't dying," Ho-Seok says, while the others laugh in agreement, "let's go out for food to celebrate shall we?"

    "Alright! On Hi-Syuk-nim's card shall we?" Jin says. "Let's go, let's go!" Ho-Seok shouted excitedly.

    "What are we even celebrating for? And why is it on my card?" Hi-Syuk says walking along, but not opposing the idea.

    I stood still, taking another look down from the balcony. Finally, for a moment, it felt like all the weights on my shoulder were lifted. "What are you doing? Jieun, comeon!" Tae-Hyung shouted looking back at me while the others were already ahead.

    I take one last look at the sky and walk inside the building following the others. At that moment, there was this feeling of happiness and relief, it's a beautiful feeling I can't put into words.