Ch. 3

"Babe. Babe. Tay. Tayyyy" I woke up being shook by Sophie. I rub my eyes and see both Sophie and Chrissy standing in front of me.
"Oh. Hey guys. How long was I out?"
"Long enough for me to get ready."
"Wow. That must've been a long time." I said. Chrissy laughed
"Shut up. We're gonna leave now. I made some pasta."
"Ight. Thanks Soph. Bye guys have fun."
"Bye." They both say. I got up and stretched. I walk over to the fridge and see the pasta. I warm it up and start eating.

As I'm eating Josh bursts in and it scared me.
"Holy shit dude what the hell? Are you two fighting again?"
"No. It's EVEN BETTER!"
"Even better than fighting?"
"Shut up. Where are they?"
"What? Where is what?"
"Shhh" he said throwing the sofa couches around.
"Yes! I found it." Before I could ask he left and closed the door behind him. I had a feeling I knew what it was but didn't want to spend time thinking about it. He was happy and excited and all alone with Janette. I cringed.
"That's gross" I finished eating my pasta and didn't have anything else to do so I decided to go to the gym. I changed into my workout clothes and went down to the university gym. A few other students were there. I knew a few of them and started talking to them while working out.
"So you and Sophie still together?"
"Yeah it's been a long time eh?"
"What since 9th gade?"
"10th but who's counting?" We continue working out till I got tired and headed back to the apartment. I knock on Janette's door to see if Sophie was home yet. I put my ear on the door and could hear Janette and Josh laughing. That was a sign that she wasn't home yet. I open my door and head to take a shower. Near the end of my shower I hear the door slam. I had a feeling it would be either Sophie or Josh.
"Josh? Yo?"
No answer.
"Babe? Sophie? Who's there?"
i get out and wrap a towel around myself. I go to the living room and see Chrissy sitting on the couch. Looking worried.
"Oh. Hey Chrissy...umm where's Sophie?"
"Tay. Oh my god. I...didn't know what to do"
"What happened? Where's Sophie?"
"She's....she's went to her cousins house and told me to go home but I needed to tell you this."
"Chrissy what happened?"
"I'm sorry I was helpless" she stared crying. I didn't know what to do so I grabbed her and hugged her
"Hey. Hey listen. Chrissy just calm down. Let me grab you a drink or something. Just calm down." I go to the fridge and get a can of ice tea. I get back and hand Chrissy the drink and sit beside her.
"Alright. Drink this and tell me what happened."
She takes a sip and calms down.
"Ok. We... we finished the movie and we're going to get some coffee when all of a sudden these guys came up to us. There were only like 3 of them. It was Matthew and his buddies. They started talking to us and saying things. Sophie threatened them to call you but they grabbed her arm and took her phone. When he did that I grabbed his arm and then his buddies pushed me away." I was getting pissed.
"Then?"
"Then Sophie pushed Matthew away and kicked him and we both got away. She hold me to go home and not talk about it. She went to Chloe's house. I'm sorry Tay."
"No. Don't worry Chrissy. You didn't do anything. Just. Just sit here. I'm gonna go get Janette and Josh to stay with you." I get up and go to Janette's room. "Hey. Hey!"
"Bro. What the hell?"
"Listen. Chrissy and Soph were harassed by him. Chrissy's all shook up. I need you two to go and stay with her."
"Where are you going?"
"I'm going to deal with Matthew."
"Wait wait Taylor." Josh said getting up.
"What do you mean deal?"
"Teaching Matthew and his butt buddies to not touch my girl or any other girl ever again."
"Taylor. You know you can't get in trouble again. Remember what the dean said?"
"Wait. What do you mean again? And who's Matthew?" Janette said. We both took a long pause.
"Josh! Taylor! Tell me!" She said more eagerly.
" Long time ago in Sacramento Taylor played for the Sacramento Juniors. And so did Matthew. These two never got a long. Always fought but they were good teammates on the court. In their last season before coming to UCLA Taylor replaced Matthew in the game because 'Taylor injured Matthew' I say that in air quotes because Taylor didn't do shit. Matthew tripped on his younger brothers toy and twisted his ankle badly. In my opinion he deserved it. So in that game Taylor got offered a scholarship here and Matthew didn't. So the team and their friends and family went to Boston Pizza. That means Sophie too. When most of the team left it was Sophie, Taylor, the coach and Taylor's mom. While the coach and his mom were talking Sophie and Taylor went into another booth and were doing 18 year old boyfriend and girlfriend things. Sophie goes into the bathroom and comes out screaming. Taylor and a few others run to Sophie. She points at the bathroom with a cut on her cheek and says
"He's in there. Just sitting there." One of the waitresses goes into the bathroom and says
"There's this dude with a knife sitting on the sink counter." Taylor had a feeling he knew who it was. He rushes into the washroom. Taylor wanna keep it going?"
"Yeah. I rush into the bathroom and see this fucking creep holding the knife. I run at him and tackle him into the mirror. My shoulder crushing his lungs. He grabs his knife and slashes me on my neck." I show them the scar. "Damn! That's deep!"
"Yeah I got the tattoo to cover it up. But when he did it I didn't feel it because of all the adrenaline. I pick him up and slam him to the ground and throw in a few punches before people got me off him. They said if they didn't take me off I may have killed him. He was put in hospital for almost a year and then rehab for a couple of months. I lost my scholarship but people in Sacramento helped my mom and I pay for my tuition because they feel I didn't deserve to lose my scholarship. My dad wouldn't help because...."
"It's alright Taylor." Josh said.
"Yeah so then during my second year at UCLA I got in a fight with some other kids. It wasn't major. Just pushing and talking. Wanna take a guess at who those kids were?"
"Matthew?" Janette guessed. Josh started telling the story.
"Yep. A few weeks later Taylor was working out with no one else in the gym and the three guys show up. 3 VS 1. They cover the cameras and they start fighting.
"Yeah. I got my ass kicked but not before I threw a dumbbell at one of the guys and pushed the other guy into the wall. That's why there's tape on that wall. After a professor came in and saw what happened. I got suspended for destroying school property but Matthew? That motherfucker's step dad donates to this fucking university. You know why he's his step father? Because he fucking left my mom with Matthews! And got all this fucking money leaving my mom and I WITH NOTHING!" I screamed out.
"I'm sorry guys. Just...just stay with Chrissy and I'll be back."
"Taylor! TAYLOR" I left. I got in my car and headed to the Chloe's house with no regrets.