Ch. 10

"TAYLOR THAT WAS AMAZING! I FUCKING LOVED IT!" She said jumping up and down.
"That's what she said."
"I don't even care that you said that. It was so awesome."
"Yeah gotta admit, he did alright."
"Alright? DID YOU NOT SEE HIM PERFORM?"
"Yeah well I was kinda right there with you so."
"You're sassy-ness will not ruin my night."
"Kendrick is still better."
"Yeah yeah"
"You know it's the truth."
"K DOT FO LIFE!" Said someone who heard us.
"See. That guy gets it. So wanna grab something to eat?"
"At 1 am? What's open now?"
"McDicks?"
"Tay... You're an athletic therapist.... I'm pretty sure McDonalds isn't the right choice."
"Hey food is food."
"Is McDonalds considered food?"
"True." We got in the car.
"So...." I said. She didn't answer.
"Fine but I want a milkshake."
"I want your milkshake" I said staring at her.
"Well you can't have any."
"What? Why? I took you to the concert. You owe me."
"I'll give you something else"
"But I want those."
"These are for my other boyfriend."
"Ok first your 'other boyfriend' better not be Drake. Second the other significant joke is only funny when I do it. Third you're paying for your own god damn milkshake."
"Oh I see how it is."
"No it's because I'm funnier than you"
"Oh is that right?"
"Mmmmm yeah. Yeah it is"
"How so?"
"Well remember thanksgiving at your aunts house? Your cousins practically pissed themselves."
"THEY WERE 5!"
"You know what they say. 5 year olds make or break a comedian"
"That is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard."
"Yeah I know. After all you are the one who said it."
"EXCUSE ME!" She punched me right on the arm.
"Asshole"
"You love me"
"Questionable"
I kissed her.
"Is it now?"
"I don't know. I need more than one kiss." I kissed her even more and then she said.
"Tay..."
"Yeah?"
"We still haven't moved."
"We can move later."
She made a quiet laugh and said
"We are one of the last ones here"
"The milkshakes!" I started the car and began heading to McDonalds.
"Drive Thru or going inside?"
"Inside" I parked the car and we got inside. I open the door and let Sophie go through first followed by an older lady and her granddaughter.
"Ladies" I said
"Thank you very much young man"
"Grandma! That man's very handsome."
"Shhh Lucy."
"Oh that's alright. Thank you very much."
"Your girlfriend is also very pretty."
"She is isn't she? You know what else she is?"
"Pregnant?"
"LUCY!" Her grandma said.
"Haha no she's not pregnant. She's also very smart. She went to school and now she's the best student in the University."
"I'm the number 1 student in my grade"
"That's awesome. Now I see why your grandma brought you to McDonalds. What are you getting?"
"I want an Ice Cream cone."
"Is she allowed to have one Grandma?"
"She got an A+ on her math test."
"Nice. That is deserving of an ice cream. Can my girlfriend and I join you?"
"Grandma? Can they?"
"Lucy it's 2 in the morning. We have to get home."
"Awwww" she said sadly.
"Well it was nice talking to you Lucy. Bye" I walk to Sophie who was already in line.
"I made a friend."
"I saw."
"She called me handsome."
"Looks like I'm gonna have to fight her for you."
"Yeah. She said meet her in the parking lot."
"I'll be there."
"But before you fight the 7 year old she said you were pretty too."
"Oh well know I'm gonna feel bad when I kick her ass" we both laughed. We got our milkshakes and walked to the car. We saw a note on the windshield. I thought it was a ticket at first.
"Is that a ticket?" I said.
"I'm not parked illegal am I?"
"No. I don't think so." I walked over to it. I grabbed it and realized it was just a regular note.
"Oh shit." I said.
"What? Tay?"
"It's back."
"What? Who?"
"The person who's threatening you."
"What? Show me."
"No Soph stop. Their just trying to get to your head."
"Tay. Give it to me."
I hesitated then finally just handed it to her. She started reading it out loud.

'So maybe Chrissy was telling the truth. Maybe she was lying. Who knows? So far I've gone after your perfect boyfriend and your backstabbing best friend. Who's next? You might want to go to your room and check it out. ;) '

"Tay we need to get to the apartment real quick." She said hesitantly.
"Ok relax Sophie. Their just trying to freak you out. I bet Janette is totally fine."
"YEAH SHES DOING A GOOD JOB OF FREAKING ME OUT!"
"Ok ok just breathe." I said grabbing her arm I pulled her closer to me and said
"Listen. Jan is in her bed sleeping right now. Look. We'll get there and she'll be fine."
"Taylor....can...we...just....go please."
"Of course. Let's go." I opened the door for her and drove to the apartments. She gets out of the car before I could even turn off the car. I turn it off and open the door and say
"SOPH! SOPH! Wait for m-" she closes the door and gets in the elevator. I locked the car and see the elevator closed already. I decided to take the stairs all the way to the 23rd level. A few minutes later, gasping for air I see Sophie looking for her keys.
"SOPH...why couldn't you wait for me?"
"I can't find my keys."
"Cuz you dropped them when you got out of my car." I took the keys out of my pocket. I opened the door and she burst in.
"JAN! JAN! Where are you!?"
"Yeah? I was sleeping. Why are you yelling?"
Sophie drops her purse and jacket and hugs her and starts crying.
"Sophie? What happened? It's ok. I'm ok." Janette says. I walk in.
"Oh thank god." I say.
"Taylor. What's happening?"
"We got a note again and it said that we had to check on a roommate"
"Well I'm fine."
"Yeah thankfully"
"I..was so...worried" Sophie said sobbing, makeup running down her face.
"Aww Sophie. It's ok. I'm fine. I'm alive and not hurt."
"Wait.....it said check on A roommate!"
"Yea- oh god. JOSH!" Janette said. I dropped my stuff and ran to the door. I quickly unlock it. I see the TV playing and the lights on. I look at the kitchen table. It was tipped over. I saw something no one should ever see. A rope tied to the ceiling fan. At the end of the rope......Josh, hanging from it. Everything was all in slow motion. I ran to him. At the moment Janette and Sophie walked in and saw. They both screamed. Janette screaming and crying, falling to the ground. I immediately got him off and laid him on the ground and started C.P.R. A neighbour heard the screaming and called the police. We couldn't save him. They couldn't save him. Josh was gone.