Chapter 16: The Lumen Sage

Elize, Tammin and Harley watched as Bayonetta was talking to someone. Seems like they are right on time.

"So, you are also one of the last remaining Lumen Sages?", Bayonetta asked the man who appeared to have talked to her not all to long ago.

"I am indeed. My name is Balder. But if you so choose, you may address me as: Father", Balder said as he was turning around revealing Cereza sitting on his lap. What a lovely father-daughter moment!

"Wait, this dude is your father?" Harley whispered to Bayonetta, but she didn't gave an answer at all.

"There is much you have forgotten. It has been 500 years since the last time we met. If your memories were still intact, this would have been a more emotional reconciliation", Balder said straight up looking at everyone.

"How did you get the girl?" Bayonetta asked calmly, but she never let her guard down at all. 

"If you think that you would see the last of me, you are mistaken. I will return. And i will rule over the World of Chaos, my dear"

Tammin looked around, thinking someone else was with them in the room. But it was only her, Elize, Harley, Bayonetta, Cereza and Balder. 

'Where the hell did that voice come from?' She thought to herself. No one seemed to notice though, as all of them are focusing on Balder waiting for him to do his next move.

Balder was rambling about the past again. Tammin quickly paid attention to him again as she was hoping that he was going to say something about her parents.

"However, for over 500 years you have been exiled from the world's affairs. You are the Left Eye of the Eyes of the world", Balder said. And that is when Bayonetta realized that the Eyes aren't a jewel, but a person.

"Could you dispense with the riddles and just tell what these sudden Eyes actually are?" Bayonetta demanded. Even though she knew that they were a person, she still didn't know what the purpose of them were.

"Your years of slumber have caused you to forget many things, even as we stand on the very age of resurrecting the Creator... The resurrection of Jubileus", Balder continued, still not giving an answer to his daughter's question. 

Everyone wished that this fucker just could shut up already. Yes they get it, Cereza is Bayonetta as a child they already knew that. Yes, everyone had a feeling that he used the Remembrance Of Time. How long exactly is this going to take!? 

"I have had enough of you philosophical pretensions. I will not ask again. Where did you get the girl?", Bayonetta said pointing her gun at her father.

"Your question has been answered", Balder started.

'No, it has the fuck not. Why isn't anyone even talking? This is the bad guy we are talking about man! But as it seems like Bayonetta is somewhat interested in what he has to say, I suppose i keep my mouth shut for a little bit longer', Harley thought as he watched his fellow Sage every move.

"You truly are beyond salvation, Sage", Bayonetta said not believing that the only reason that Balder brought Cereza in this time only so that she could awaken the Left Eye that was sleeping inside her.

"Light, Dark, Chaos between... Three realities once brought together to create a new universe in the image of the old. To these ends, leading to the Festival of the Resurrection 500 years ago, i fanned the flames of terror, spurring on the Witch Hunts. However, despite people believe in the return of Jubileus, The Creator, the Left Eye, was out of reach. We will become the Eyes of the World. And that is how your parents came  into a part of it", Balder said now looking at the twins. It widened their eyes.