Chapter 5: The Lost Holy Grounds

The 4 beings then landed on the ground safely. Tammin however, looked like she was gonna vomit at any given minute. The grown up witches looked at her. 

"What's wrong little one? You don't have a strong stomach?", Bayonetta said to her. How can someone claim to be an Umbra Witch but still cannot handle a fall like that? Then again, she is just an Umbra Witch in training after all at the moment.

"I always hate it when i have to do that. Getting pretty sick", the girl said while holding her stomach and trying to calm down, visibly annoyed by Bayonetta her comment though. But there isn't much that she can do about it. 

"You get used to it eventually, don't worry" Elize said patting her head. Tammin could only hope, cause she wasn't looking forward to being sick the entire time while she has to do something like that.

"Where the hell are we? We better have frequent flyer miles for that flight." Bayonetta said as she looked around. It did look abandoned and forgotten, like almost every other place in Vigrid. And there is only one reason why those places are forgotten: Witch Hunts.

Elize had gotten memories from this place. She never thought she would ever see this again, she thought it would have all been destroyed by now. Then again, she thought the same about the ruins. She wondered if her old home is still around here somewhere.

"Let's go, the faster we get out of here, the faster we can get what we came for." Harley said already running to God knows where. He better would have waited for a moment, as this place is like 500 years old, and no one visited the place ever again.

"Wait!" His sister yelled as the bridge was unstable. It was breaking into pieces, luckily not much of it fell down. It did show how incredibly unstable it was though. 

"This bridge is like 500 years old little one, you better be careful before some monster comes to eat you" Bayonetta said teasing the boy. Harley obviously didn't like the comment, so he decided to act like a child. What is there left to say? He and his sister didn't got a childhood, of course they are going to act like a child from time to time.

"Shut up! And i'm not little!" He said with a pouty face. Bayonetta only laughed. 

The more they walked, the more broken the bridge was getting. It came to the point where they needed support from the wings of the demons they had a pact with. If that wasn't enough, Decorations had appeared as well.

Tammin rolled her eyes and shot each of them 10 times. Seems like she is getting the hand of the Bullet Arts. She has seen how the other Umbra Witches used them, she is a fast learner. 

"Easy peasy", the witch said as she walked further.

"At least someone that wants the job done as fast as possible", Bayo said as she followed the kid. 

"I feel like there is a powerful barrier is there, but we can't get through" she added as she stopped at a gate. 'But it's giving me a strange sense of Déjà vu', she thought. Has she been in this place before then?

'This is the place where it all began... And i am sure she can feel it to... It's all written on her face. I can tell', Elize thought as she finally gave in that there is nothing she can do to stop her from getting her memories back. She might as well get over it and tell her, but she does it when the time is right. She is still going to try to not awake the Left Eye though.

Bayonetta is a stubborn woman, she will get her memories back, even when people or angels are going to try and stop her. She will achieve her goal, no matter what.

Then all of sudden, two angels had appeared from torches that happened to be there. And it's everyone's most hateful angels! Say hello to:

'Grace and Glory'