Chapter 4

A handful of students were at the hotel watching a television news report about Mysterio.

"It's aliens. It has to be." Ned said.

"Buzzfeed says there's a sailor named Morris Bench who was exposed to an experimental underwater generator and got hydro powers." Flash said.

"Yeah, you should definitely believe everything you read on the internet." MJ said.

"Spider-Man could take him."

"What do you think it is?" Harrington asked.

"You Know, being a man of science... witches." Dell said.

"No, no, no, no. We wanna stay. We wanna stay." Peter said on the phone away from the cluster of students.

"It's a good thing I packed your suit, huh. I can't believe you forgot it." May said.

"Yeah."

"So, who was that guy you were with? Was that Mister Strange?"

"Doctor Strange, May. Doctor Strange. And, ummm... No. I don't know who that was. He was a new guy. I was trying to help him, but..." he said but was cut off by May on the other end of the phone.

"Hey, Happy. No. That's my lunch. Don't eat that one."

"Happy's there?"

"Yeah. It's Happy. He's here. He came by to volunteer. And, he's hanging around the office. And he wants to say hi."

"No, I don't..." Happy said and May forced the phone into his hand. "Hi, Peter."

"Hey, Happy..." Peter said.

"I'm sorry. I'm working real hard here. I gotta do a leaflet drop."

"What're you doing..."

"I'm glad you're having a good time. Don't worry. I'm really taking care of your aunt and Pepper is taking care of the company, Tony is taking care of your neighborhood and we're all looking after May jr." he said and May retracted the phone from his ear and focused back on Peter.

"So, uhh, how's the plan going?" she asked.

"There's... some setbacks, for sure." Peter said.

"Don't ever think it, just trust your instincts and you'll be fine.

"I know. Love you. Bye."

"Who is that guy?" Betty said.

"He's like Iron Man and Thor rolled into one." Brad said.

"He's all right. He's no Spider-Man. Even though it's Parker." Flash scoffed.

"What is it with you and Spider-Man?" MJ asked.

"Yeah." Harley said. "You hate him as Peter but not Spider-Man."

"What? He's just awesome, okay? He protects the neighborhood, and you know, he's inspiring. He inspires me to be a better man." Flash said while Peter entered the cluster of students.

The woman on television was speaking Italian.

"Sounds like his name's Mysterio." Brad said.

"L'uomo del misterio is Italian for man of mystery. They don't actually know who he is." MJ said.

"Mysterio..." Ned said.

"Cool name." Betty and Ned said. "Babe!"

"So, how much did you actually see?" Peter asked MJ.

"Not much... I was running." MJ said.

"You know I was being Spider-Man even on vacation." he said and they snickered. "So, Paris tomorrow. Go to the Eiffel Tower. Should be great."

"I read it was secretly built as a mind control antenna to create an army of the insane."

"Cool."

"Which is why it's my favorite destination on the whole trip."

Later Peter, Ned and Harley were at their room.

"What are you gonna do about the water monster?" Ned asked.

"Nothing. it's dead. And besides, that Mysterio guy's all over it. Look... I just wanna spend some time with you guys." Peter said.

"And we were talking about Paris." Harley said.

"That's nice. Reminds me of when Betty and I first fell in love. I had just finished my first fruit cobbler, right-" Ned said and was hit with a dart in the neck by Fury sitting in a shaded corner of the room in a chair.

"You're a very difficult person to contact, Spider-Man. Iron Lad here isn't as bad." Fury said.

"You're Nick Fury. You just shot Ned." Harley said while Peter groaned a little.

"It's just a mild tranquilizer. He'll be all right. So good to finally meet you. I found out you were at the hospital, but I didn't think that was a good time to exchange numbers."

"No, that would have been really inappropriate."

"That's what I just said."

"Right."

"The important thing is, you're both here. I tried to bring Parker here. He avoided me, and now, you're here. What a coincidence."

"Wait. Was this a coincidence?"

Peter looked at him with an idea.

"I used to know everything. Then, I come back five years later and now, I know nothing. No intel, no team, and Parker the CEO of Stark's dodging my calls." Fury said. "Here's what I do know... a week ago, a village in Mexico was wiped out by a cyclone. Witnesses say that cyclone had a face." he said when Ned snored loudly. "Three days later, a similar event in Morocco. A village was-"he said when there was a knock on the door cutting him off.

"Just making the rounds. See if anyone needs any emotional counseling after today's traumatic event." Harrington said and Fury pointed his gun towards the door, hidden behind the wall so he couldn't see him.

"No. we're... we're okay. We're fine, thank you." Peter said.

"Great. Cause I'm not qualified to actually..." Harrington said then Ned snored. "Oh, he's passed out. I'm not really qualified to do it anyway, so... good night.

"That was my teacher, sorry about that. You were saying?" Harley said.

"A village was destroyed by what may well be another world threatening..." Fury said and was cut off again by another knock.

"Babe? You still awake? You're not answering any of my texts." Betty said.

"Um... he's asleep, Betty."

"Oh, already?"

"Mh-hmm. Yeah."

"Okay."

"That's why it's imperative-" Fury said and once more, another knock stopped him.

"Hey, boys! That canal water today was filled with dangerous bacteria..." Dell said.

"Another person touches that door, you and I are going to attend another funeral. Suit up." Fury said annoyed.

"...let me know if either of you are vomiting-"

"I can't." Harley said. "I didn't bring my suit."

"I wasn't talking about you. You don't have enough experience and aren't an Avenger." Fury said and looked at Peter who sighed but nodded.

'This better not hurt the baby.' he thought and saw a worried looking Harley.