Chapter 13

Soon Peter was at a train station swinging onto the top of a moving train as it pulled out of the station.

Then the train pulled into the station and Peter jumped off, swinging over a crowd before landing in front of a civilian.

"Uh, 'scuse me? Do you know where-" Peter said.

"Spider-Man!" a woman said and ran away.

"Aw, man!"

Then a black Audi pulled up in front of him and the window rolled down to reveal Fury.

"Get in." he said and Peter did so and the car sped off.

Then Peter pulled off his mask, breathing heavily.

"Fury!" he said.

"You've got a lot of explaining to do."

"No, no, no, listen!"

"Wait until we're secure."

Peter pushed himself back into his seat.

"Okay..." he said and took a few deep breaths until Fury cleared his throat making a slashing motion across his chest, indicating for him to put his seatbelt on. "Right." he said and tugged on the seatbelt but found it stuck.

After a few attempts at loosening it, he tugged on the strap so hard that it finally broke off and he nervously looked over to Fury, who gave him a disappointed look and turned his eye back to the road. The car pulled into the garage of a very fancy looking building.

Later they were inside a pristine white facility, teeming with staff members who they walk past. Then they entered a conference room where Hill was standing.

"So... Is there anything you want to tell us about your girlfriend?" Fury asked.

"He's talking about E.D.I.T.H." Hill said.

"I know what he means. Beck is not who you think he is. Beck is a liar. Mysterio, the Elementals, it's all fake. He has some sort of illusion tech, and that's how he tricked you guys and he somehow got E.D.I.T.H." Peter said and pulled out the projector that Harley recovered and slid it across the table. "It's a projector. I pulled it off the fire monster in Prague."

"So all that death and destruction we witnessed was caused by this?" Fury asked.

"Not just this! I think he's using drones."

"Well, if this is true, then Beck's very dangerous and we need to be smart. Who else did you tell about this?" Fury said while Peter sensed something. "Parker? Parker!"

"What's wrong?" Hill asked.

"It's Beck. He's here." Peter said and put his eyepiece back when the hologram started to disappear, Hill included.

Then the facility was just an abandoned building.

"What? Hill?" Fury said shocked.

"No, it's just an ill..." Peter said when a missile was fired from behind him, seemingly hitting and killing Fury. "Fury!" he said, looked back and saw one of the weaponized drones.

It took another shot, blasting him through the back wall, causing him to fall several floors down. Beck's voice, amplified, took center stage and Peter got surrounded by drones, all pointing lasers at him.

"Wow, Peter. Wow. I thought we were close. Fury always had to die. But not you." Beck said.

"Stop hiding, Beck!" Peter said and shot some web at one of the drones but misses.

Their cloaking devices activated and they disappeared, while another illusion got activated.

"I tried to help you walk away. Now you're making me do this... do this... do this..." Beck said and everything went dark.