Chapter 5

Later Fury and Peter in his Spider-Suit were on a boat.

Soon they were walking into an underground base.

"You can lose the mask. Everyone here's seen you without it. You'd only be feigning anonymity and breathing through spandex for no good reason." Fury said to Peter as Peter pulled off his mask, taking in a deep breath. "Come on."

"Yeah." Peter said quietly.

"Over there we have Maria Hill who I'm sure you remember." he said and Peter nodded. "That is Dimitri." Fury said and Dimitri cocked his gun. "And this is Mr. Beck." he said and a an wearing a cape turned around.

"Mysterio?"

"What?" Beck asked.

"Doesn't matter. It's just what my friends have been calling you."

'You look familiar. But why?' Peter thought.

"Well, you can call me Quentin." Beck said and held out his hand for Peter to shake and he did. "You handled yourself well out there today. I saw what you did with the tower. We could use someone like you on my world.

"Thanks. I'm sorry. Your world?" Peter said softly.

"Mr. Beck is from Earth. Just not yours." Fury said.

"There are multiple realities, Peter. This is Earth, Dimension 616. I'm from Earth 833." Beck said.

"I'm sorry, you're saying there's a multiverse? I thought that was just theoretical. That completely changes how we understand the initial singularity. We're talking about an internal inflation system and how does that even work with all the quantum-? It's insane—"Peter said excitedly then realized everyone turned to look at him, unamused. "S-sorry. It's really cool." he said and turned back to Beck.

"Don't ever apologize for being the smartest one in the room." Beck said and Peter smiled.

"Anyway... Hill said and a hologram appeared on the table.

"They were born in stable orbits within black holes. Creatures formed from the primary elements: Air, water, fire, earth. The Science Division had a technical name. We just called them Elementals."

"Versions of them exist across our mythologies."

"Turns out, the myths are real."

"Like Thor. Thor was a myth and now Harley studies him in his physics class." Peter said.

"These myths are threats." Fury said.

"They first materialized on my earth many years ago. We mobilized and fought them, but with each battle they grew, got stronger. I was part of the last battalion left trying to stop them. All we did was delay the inevitable." Beck said.

"The Elementals are here now, attacking the same coordinates. Our satellites confirm it." Hill said.

"So thank Mr. Beck for destroying the other three. There's only one left: fire." Fury said.

"The strongest of them all. The one that destroyed my Earth. It's the one that took my family." Beck said.

"I'm sorry." Peter said.

"And it will be in Prague in approximately 48 hours." Hill said.

"We have one mission: kill it." Fury said. "And you're coming with us." he said to Peter.

"I'm sorry. Did you say Prague?" Peter said and laughed nervously. "I may be an Avenger but this is past my limit right now. I'm still just a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man."

"Bitch, please. You've been to space."

"I know, but that was an accident." Peter said. "There's gotta be someone else you can use. What about Thor?"

"Off-world."

"Okay, um, Doctor Strange."

"Unavailable." Hill said.

"Carol."

"Don't invoke her name." Fury said.

"Look, I really wanna help, I do. But if my aunt and Harley find out that I left my former class' trip, they're gonna kill me."

"Okay. I understand."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Why don't you get back before your teachers miss you and become suspicious. Dimitri. Take him back to hotel, please."

"Alright, good luck."

"See ya." Beck said.

"Yeah, see you." Peter said. "Bye, ma'am." he said to Hill.

'That was to easy.' he thought.

"Yeah." Hill said.