Chapter 3

A few hours later they were at Italy's airport.

"Hey, man. Did you see Brad and MJ on the plane? They were watching movies and laughing the entire time." Peter said.

"I'm sure it's nothing." Ned said.

"Hey, babe, can you hold this for me, please?" Betty asked.

"Yeah, of course."

"Thanks."

"What was that?" Peter asked.

"Well, we actually got to talking on the plane, and it turns out we have a lot in common. So, uh, we're boyfriend-girlfriend now."

"Whatever happened to being an American bachelor in Europe?" Harley said.

"Peter, Harley... those were the words of a boy. That boy met a woman. A very strong and powerful woman. And now, that boy's a man." Ned said.

"Babe?" Betty said.

"Coming, babe."

Through customs, Peter was taken away from the group into a private searching area. A stern-looking woman put the case on a table, and unzipped it.

"There's nothing in there, I swear." Peter said.

The case was opened and saw his Spider-Man suit with a yellow sticky-note taped to it saying,

"You almost forgot this — May xx".

The woman picked up the banana put next to it.

"This, no." the attendant said and held up a banana.

"Sorry." Peter said and rushed back to the school group. "I'm here! Mr. Harrington! I'm here, I'm here!"

"Wait, wait, wait, Peter's here. Thank goodness." Harrington said.

The school group took a boat through the Grand Canale in Venice. They were touristy, taking photos and videos of Venice.

Their boat pulled up to the most dingy-looking hotel in the area. With scaffolding covering the front, the 'hotel' sign was hanging 'by a thread'.

"Looks like we're here. They're doing some renovations to the place. Getting some upgrades." Harrington said.

"This place is trash." a student said.

"That must be the concierge."

A few minutes later they were inside the hotel.

"Everyone, here we are!" Harrington said and took in the desolate insides of the hotel.

A cat standing on a table meowed and Harrington stepped into a puddle of water.

"Oh whoa... whoa, whoa." Dell said.

"Tell me we're not staying here." MJ said.

"This place is sinking." Flash said.

"I think you mean charming!" Harrington said with feigned enthusiasm.

"Okay everybody. Drop your bags off and we're gonna meet at the Da Vinci museum at 3. Let's go!" Dell said.

"Vamanos!"

"It's andiamo." MJ said.

"Andiamo!"

"When in Rome, you do as Romans do. When you're in Venice, your socks get wet!" Dell said to the students who started grumbling.

Later they were at the Saint Marco Polo's Square.

"What's up, Flash Mob, how are you guys doing? I'm in Saint Marco Polo's" Flash said then someone ran past and hit him in the groin and he doubled over. "— Oh!"