chapter 12 ◊ captive

Almost three months have passed since you escaped from Sanzu, after confirming that he's really Takeomi's brother you just wanted to cry. You were shocked by the fact and dirtied about yourself, it was insolent of you and it's definitely wrong.

So here you are, to escape from everything you ran to a countryside place, where no one knows you, leaving no traces behind. Sanzu Haruchiyo was your comfort, not until you unravelled everything.

You are also disgusted by the fact that after knowing who he really is, the thought of being away from him would be much worse, you are always having this urge to come back and ask him to explain is there.

But thinking that probably he used you because of the feud between him and his brother–your husband–is holding you back. They both played with you and took you for a fool. Even played with your feelings, All of those sweet words that you whispered to me, was it all true? You thought while thinking of Sanzu.

"Doctor, you have this nostalgic look on your face again like you're longing for someone." Draken said–the husband of your first friend here–while examining your face. You are known at the place because you give consultation and therapies for free. It was a carefree and an uneventful life.

Unlike my everyday life with Sanzu, You thought so you mentally slapped yourself. "I am just thinking of my home, my former life." You nonchalantly said and went back to arranging your things as you prepared to go home.

"Y/n!" You heard Emma said by the doorstep, a soft smile formed on your lips taking her aback, you rarely smile. The most nonchalant person she ever met but she knows you are kind so during those three months you became close.

"A-Are you sick?" She uttered shocked and was about to run to you when Draken picked her up by her clothes, it was sudden yet careful. "Woman, you're pregnant, don't run." Draken said before letting go of her shirt.

Emma rolled her eyes on him and was about to retaliate but when Draken kissed the top of her head, her expression suddenly softened. "I'm just caring for you and our baby, don't be so hardheaded." Draken softly uttered.

An envious smile formed on your lips. If only I can give my husband a child then maybe I would have a happy family like that too. But that means you would have never met Sanzu and that doesn't sit well with you.

You sighed and looked outside and it was raining hard, "Go ahead of me, I can close the place. It would be cold now and that would be bad for Emma." You said and they just smiled at you, thanking you for your generosity.

After cleaning things up, you headed to the apartment you were staying at and you were startled when you twisted the doorknob, it was unlocked. You tightly held on your bag and stealthily entered your room.

Your heart was beating so fast and you saw a silhouette that made you even more nervous, preparing yourself to hit the person with your bag. The room was dark so when a thunder struck down the vision for him got clearer. You saw Sanzu, making your heart beat fast, but not out of nervousness but because of a different emotion now.

You unconsciously let go of the bag you were holding, your defense just melted away, you want to run to him. You wanna embrace the man who's looking at you, you are just standing there, frozen, letting the thunderstorm outside light up the room.

"Y/n..." he mumbled while he walked towards your direction until he was close enough to hug you, his saffron scent invading your nostrils. "W-Why... why are you here?" you mumbled and gripped on his wet shirt.

"Why did you leave me?" He ignored your question, you felt your heart ache. "Sanzu, I–"

"Why? Tell me." Sanzu seriously uttered and let go from the hug he gripped on your jaw while looking deep into your eyes while you cried. "Explain. Why did you suddenly leave me? I did everything that you wanted." He coldly uttered.