chapter 3 ◊ affair

He's here as a patient, hearing those words really shocked you. It means that he's mentally ill but you didn't even notice it. Not every sign shows up but you're a professional, you should've been able to notice it.

But looking at Sanzu, you can neither see nor sense anything wrong with his behavior.

He laid out a folder on your desk, "I'm here to ask you to fix me, doctor." He repeated while looking into your eyes.

"How did you know that I work here?" You suspiciously asked and he got something from his pocket. You saw that it's your business card, "Because of this? You dropped it."

You just bit your lower lip, knowing that you're feeling flustered because of his presence. So you cleared your throat and grabbed the folder, "Then I'll be glad to help you recover, Mr—"

"Call my name. Don't use honorifics, doctor." He cut you off and he smiled, despite not seeing his lips, his eyes were smiling. You just nodded and looked back at the folder. Your feet were fidgeting under the desk since you're all flustered.

This must be his post diagnosis. You thought and opened the folder, intrigued about what kind of mental illness it is. Must be PTSD because of his scars. You confidently thought and read the diagnosis.

Antisocial Personality Disorder (ASPD), you flinched reading the paper. You looked back at Sanzu who's intently looking at you. Making eye contact with him ended up having you recall what happened last night.

Riding and teasing him, enjoying his teary eyed expression. He's not violent, aside from biting you he didn't do anything to hurt you at all. So how come that this soft looking person is diagnosed with ASPD?

Then you remembered his gaze after beating up the people who tried to harass you. That emotionless stare and the way he beat up those people despite them being unconscious.

"Doctor? Why aren't you saying anything?" He worriedly asked and the happy emotion on his eyes vanished, it turned cold all of a sudden. "Or perhaps you're already scared of me?"

You seriously stared into his eyes, "Do I look scared to you, Haru?" You asked back.

Sanzu deeply stared into your eyes, he could only see worry. There's no ounce of fear nor pity that he always sees to other people. All he can see is the concern that is all for him. I want those gaze to be only mine... I want her to only look at me.

"Let's start?" You asked to ease the silence. "Yes." He answered while looking at you.

"Those masks. Why do you wear them?" You seriously asked him since it feels like it plays a part in what happened to him.

"My scars. They are hideous." He replied.

"That's the second time that I heard you say that it's hideous." You uttered and your hand reached for his face. Sanzu leaned near you like he's giving you the permission to remove it for him.

You proceeded on taking off his mask, letting it hang on his other ear. Your eyes travelled to his scars, you caressed his cheeks and your thumb made its way to his scars, caressing them gently. "There's no way these scars are hideous. They are pretty to me." You softly uttered and looked at him.

"It's a sign that you're a strong person, surviving something like this. You did well, Haru." You sincerely said and you felt that Sanzu leaned on your palm again.

"Ah, I can't seem to hold myself back when I'm with you. How dangerous." He whispered, you did not hear his words. "Pardon?"

"This is also the second time that you said that my scars are pretty." He said and looked into your eyes. He held your wrist and kissed it gently that made you clear your throat and take your hand back from his hold.