Chapter 3

6.00 P.M.

The fresh sashimi served in omakase style, leaving their dinner in the hands of the Michelin star chef for an amazing and overly priced dinner, Vegas and Macau are definitely enjoying it at the moment.

"Phi, what were you talking about with the guy at my school? Someone you know?", Macau start up a conversation with his brother as they're eating their dinner.

"No one, just a cute kitty I want to pick up.", Vegas answered. Macau knew of his brother's hobby who likes to bring home different guys everytime but what's beyond that special room that he wasn't allowed to enter, he will never see the light of. What he knew was that they were all just Vegas's one night stand and he never mind it one bit.

"And so? He's the one coming tonight?"' Macau said in a teasing tone. "What's his name?", he added.

"Not sure, didn't really get to ask." Vegas answered. "But I bet my Ducati he's gonna call me in an hour.", an overly confident smirk appears on his face as he takes a sip of the green tea.

"As expected from my phi, I respect you.", Macau pats Vegas' back in a playful manner. "I'm done eating. Let's go before the kitty calls, phi."he said teasingly. Vegas just shakes his head knowing how understanding his little brother is.

Only if he knew what actually happened behind that closed door. I wonder if he will stop me. Vegas thought to himself.

He is 8 years older than Macau and ever since his little brother was born, he has been protecting him from their father. Vegas practically raised Macau, he would do all the dirty job for his family's business and told Macau to only focus on his studies to become someone useful in the future. Whenever his father would suggest to bring Macau on business matters to teach him, Vegas would strongly refused and didn't want Macau to get involved. Because of him Macau is clean from any dirt and he would want to keep it that way. He'd rather all the blood spilled on his hand instead and only his.

Of course this behaviour does not sit right with Khun Kan but since Vegas would hustle and do twice the work there is, he didn't mind it for now. No matter how hard and how much stress Vegas received from this, he never once let it out on his brother but that dreadful feelings made him want to protect Macau even more from this line of work. That is why Macau really love and respect Vegas. He sees his brother as a hero, as someone he looks up to and Vegas want to keep it that way. He wouldn't want him to see the wicked side that he have, the side that he can never get rid of.

Rings... Rings... Rings....

The ringtone of Vegas' phone buzzes. He picks up his phone that was placed neatly beside his cutlery set on the table to see and unknown number. Knowing all too well who this number could possibly belong to, he looks at the time on his phone while smirking proudly.

6.30 P.M.

"30 minutes earlier than expected.", he shows his phone to Macau that was looking at him, mentioning the bet he placed for fun before. Macau just laughs while Vegas slide the button to answer the call.

"Uh- uhm h-hello...", that sweet voice. "Is this Khun Vegas' number?", the guy on the line continue.

"Yes, who am I speaking with?", Vegas pretended not to not recognise that honey like voice and answered formally.

"Oh.. ah I don't know if you remember, you gave me your business card just now at the university. I was the one who bumped into you which I'm still sorry for so I was wondering if I could buy you some drinks tonight.... As a compensation?", he said almost shyly towards the end of his sentence.

Vegas knew by the way the cute guy speaks that compensating him was merely an excuse to meet up.

Caught it. He thought.