Chapter 24

"You shouldn't have said that. That was pretty unmannered, Nop."

Macau said in a stern voice after Pete walked out of the kitchen with tears in his eyes. Nop wanted to follow him to apologise but Macau stopped him from doing so. It is bettter to let Pete calm down first or else he really would put a bullet through Nop's head.

He sighs as he turns off the stove, the cooking attempt only lead to a burnt spaghetti sauce.

"Guess it's another take out day."

Nop walks over to where Macau is and circle his arms around the younger from behind. "I'm sorry I was just joking before it became too much. I didn't mean anything bad to your brother. He's been a nice boss to me."

"It's fine now. Just be nice to phi Pete. He's been through a lot and you knew it.", Macau said as he turns around to face Nop, his arms automatically moving up, wrapping itself around Nop's neck.

"How can you be such an angel? How are you and my boss related?", Nop gently caresses Macau's slim waist.

"An angel with broken wings is a devil in the end. You shouldn't blame the angel but blame the one who destroyed his wings."

"And this is why I like you.", Nop said shamelessly while looking at Macau with a literal heart eyes.

"I see you've became bold since my brother got into a coma, huh?", Macau cracks into a soft smile.

"He gave me a permission."

"To take care of me, not to date me."

"Well same thing. Almost."

"You know that you gotta try harder than this to impress me, right?"

Nop leans in closer until their nose touched. He then rubs their nose together while smiling all too widely. "I know. I will win your heart for sure."

He tries to lean downward to leave a peck on the smaller when Pete suddenly barged in with a phone in his hand looking rather jumpy.

This made Macau quickly pushes Nop away from him, causing Nop to stumble and falls backward to the floor. Macau straightens his posture while shifting his attention to Pete, completely ignoring the groaning Nop on the kitchen's floor.

"Vegas is awake."

....................................................

All three of them rushed to the hospital immediately after Pete received the phone call. He visited Vegas every single day and even left his own phone number to one of the nurse that he got close with during his visits so that she'll able to call him right away when the patient is awake while he's not there at the hospital.

Pete felt so relieved as if a huge weight that has been burdening him this past weeks has finally been lifted off of his shoulder. Not to mention his yearning to hear the latter's voice again, to feel his touch and to be able to stare into those beautiful pair of eyes. The time is finally here. He missed him so much and he'll tell it to him as soon as he get there. No more hesitation, no more running away.

He walks down the familiar path that he had known like the back of his hand. You could say that it's something that he knew by memory, something he doesn't have to think about as he's been here way too often. His feet leading him there on its own without him commanding it where to go. Nearing the room, Pete slowers his steps and eventually come to a stop infront of the door. He put on his brightest smile to conceal what he's been feeling inside despite knowing that he'll broke down crying in Vegas' arms eventually before opening the door.