Chapter 13

Vegas woke up 2 days later to an unfamiliar surrounding making him jolted up from his laying position while trying to find the gun under his pillow where he always kept it for his safety but found none. He scans the surrounding to find his brother sleeping on the couch besides him and Nop sleeping while sitting on the chair next to the door. A sigh of relief can be heard once he's sure that he's not in danger, only then he finally feel the pain on his shoulder. He hisses loudly when the next movement he made hurt his freshly stitched wound.

The sound made Nop jumped up from his seat, waking him up fully from his slumber. "Khun Vegas. You're awake.", Nop said while going to Vegas to check on his condition. "I will call the nurse now."

"Wait! Did you give him dinner?", Vegas asked as soon as he remembered the plate of food made for Pete laying on the floor besides him after he got shot by his father.

"Who?", Nop asked a little confused. "Oh, Macau didn't eat dinner last night, he was too worried for you until he fell asleep. I shall go buy breakfast for him after I call the nurse for you, Khun Vegas."

"No- well yes you should buy breakfast for my brother but I'm talking about Pete here."

Nop's mouth fell wide open when he finally remembered that Pete is being held captive by Vegas, he completely forgot about him for 2 days. Vegas can see the gear finally turning in Nop's head and it pissed him off of how slow it's moving.

"Shut your ugly mouth. What day is it today?!"

"It's Friday."

"Bastard you let him starved for 2 days?!"

"I'm so sorry Khun Vegas, I was occupied with handling some matter I forgot about him. I will tell the maid to prepare something for him right away.", Nop bows his head to Vegas.

"Are you dumb? No one else supposed to know he's there-"

"Who's where?", Macau's sleepy voice resonated in the room making both Vegas and Nop turning their head to the said person.

"No one, Khun Macau.", Nop answered shortly making Macau who's obviously way smarter than him lift a doubtful eyebrow to it.

"Who, Phi?", Macau turned his attention to his brother instead, demanding for answers.

"No one.", Vegas answered the same as he pulls off the needle that's attaching him to the IV drip and he tries to get up from the bed by himself.

Macau rushed to his side with Nop trying to be of help. "Where are you going, Phi? You're not healed yet."

"Home."

"No wait, at least let the doctor check on your wound first.", Macau said worriedly when Vegas insisted on getting off the bed.

"No need I'm ok. I need to go.", Vegas refused. "Where's my clothes?", he asked while looking around for his clothing pieces.

"It's full off blood we threw it away already, Khun Vegas.", Nop is still panicking not knowing what to do so that he won't step on Vegas' feet (metaphorically speaking).

"Then get me a new one! You got 5 minutes!", Vegas pushed away Nop's hand that's trying to help him up, making him wobbles due to the pain. Nop rushed out of the room trying to find what's asked for.

"Phi, calm down. I'm not understanding why you're acting this way. Can you please let the doctor check on you first?", Macau tried to make Vegas sit back down on the bed.

"No, I need to get home now.", Vegas said while unbuttoning his hospital shirt.

"Why? There's nothing at home. I don't want pa hurting you again. Let's stay here so you can heal."