Chapter 14

Author's note:

Hi just wanna pop in since I saw someone saying they don't know who to think of playing Nop / how Nop looks like because he's not in the series and honestly in my head it's someone who looks like Joss Wayar and I'm putting this out there because spoiler alert, Nop will be playing one of the huge role in this story. So take it if you want that Nop looks like Joss but slightly shorter or you can imagine him however you want because honestly if there's season 2 Nop will definitely be in there but until then, he looks like Joss to me ahahaha.

..................................

(This took place while Vegas is in the hospital before)

For 2 whole days Pete was only accompanied by silence and nothing to keep him entertained except for the pile of books he had thrown towards the door. It was so quiet to the point that the only thing he could hear is his own breathing. Pete is not used to this, being the extrovert that he is, he would always spent his time out with his friends especially with Pol and Arm he would never be able to have peace. Back in the main family's mansion too, before he had to move abroad he would spend his days working for Tankhun and that man never shuts up.

So being in silence for this long without any human interaction and activities to do is slowly driving him crazy but it also left him entertaining his thoughts a lot more seriously. He had been thinking about this whole ordeal, he had given up trying to break free because it just won't budge but knowing himself who have a very strong will, he also questioned himself if that's really the actual reason. He could escape the chain if he's desperate enough, he's confident in his skills. But why didn't he? Why is he here still waiting for Vegas to come back?

Pete has been staring at the clock everytime he looks up from the book he's currently reading and with every hour passing he would look at the door expecting to see the figure he's been waiting for to burst in angrily. He does not understand this lingering feelings in his heart or what he should do with it? Should he figure it out or simply put an end to it?

He looks up to the clock and it showed 11 in the morning.

"Weird, they usually serve me breakfast at 9 a.m. the latest and also Vegas didn't come back last night."

Pete could feel an uneasy feeling in his stomach. It's probably due to not having dinner yesterday but at the same time it's a new sensation that he never felt before and he knew it's not just him being hungry but it is telling him that something is going on.

"Tsk. Really, Vegas? Is this how you're going to torture me? By starving me? Nice try. You think I'll beg for food huh, never!", Pete looks at closed door mockingly as if he's talking to Vegas himself.

He continues to flip the next page of the book that he's currently reading, 'The Wisdom of Psychopath by Kevin Dutton'. The book tells the reader what they could learn from saints, spies and series killers about how to be successful in life generally.