chapter 6

Cupid's been acting weird. Well, weirder than normal. He looks away whenever I enter the room, and when I ask him about it he just shrugs it off.

"Hey." A voice breathed in my ear.

"Kale Forester." I greeted, pushing him slightly away.

"Aw, don't be like that babe."

"I am not your babe and I never will be. You don't even know who or what I am. Just leave me alone." I said in monotone.

"What, are you a vampire?" He snorted.

"Close enough." I whispered so he couldn't hear. "No. I'm not a vampire. Just...leave me alone."

"No can do, cupcake. Tell you what, go on one date with me and I'll never bother you again."

"...one date and you'll leave me alone?" I asked and he nodded. "Fine."

"Great! Where do you live? I'll pick you up."

"4389 Thunder Rd. Room number 666."

"See ya tomorrow at 8." He said and walked off.

I can't beleive that I agreed to this. It's one date. Then he'll leave you alone. I reasoned with myself. Then I remembered something. Cupid! How the hell was I going to tell him? Well, I'm screwed.

***

"It's just one date! Plus, he'll leave me alone after this!"

"I don't care! It's way too dangerous! He's not even your soul mate! You don't have one!" Cupid screamed.

I felt myself tear up, but I held them back the best I could.

"I know." I whispered. "I just want to be left alone."

Tears spilled over, even as I tried to stop them. Call me a crybaby, but I'm sensitive over the subject of soulmates. I'm forced to break them apart. I see everyone being happy, but I'm not. I have no one to care for me. I've been alone for as long as I could remember.

(Flashback)

"Daddy why is Mama in the black box?"

"...your mother...she died."

"But, can't you bring her back?"

He just shook his head sadly and stared at the box.

"Daddy? Let's get mama and go home." I shook his arm. "Daddy?"

"Shut up! Just shut up! Don't you understand? She's dead! she's dead! She's never coming back! Her spirit left!"

I suddenly understood and took a step away from my father. My small six year old body started to tremble, and I looked at the box that held my mother's cold body. I dug my nails into the palms of my hands, and ran in the opposite direction, away from everything. Humans and demons looked at me with pity, as I rushed by them, my eyes burning with tears. As soon as I broke the line of trees the waterworks started.

I crashed through the woods, blinded by the liquid that dripped off my child-like face. I stopped suddenly, and started to lash out at the trees around me, scrapping them with my nails, and kicking them. I ignored it when splinters broke my skin, and when blood dripped down my arms and legs. I felt only the weight of everything pressing down on me.

"Sunder. Sunder, stop. You're hurting yourself." Greif spoke from behind me.

"I don't care. Take it away, Greif. Take the pain away, please." I practically begged.

"I can't. Demon's emotions are pure, and originate only from themselves. I can't help."

"Then leave." I ordered coldly.

As soon as I felt him gone, I gave the tree one last kick and slid to the ground. The sky was sunny and shone through the trees. I hated it. I hated my dad. I hated me. I hated everything. I hated my mother most, for leaving.

(End od flashback)

I've been alone since my mother died. Everyone was cold to me exept for Greif. Even seeing my dad wad a rare occuance. I was brought back when I felt something press against my cheek. I jerked back to see that Cupid was holding tissues to my cheek. I grabbed the tissues and quickly wiped my tears away, and blew my nose.

"Sorry, Sunder. Go on the date if you want. I'll wait for you to get back."

"Thank you, Cupid."

He nodded and put the leash on Layla before taking her outside for a walk.

***

Cupid's pov

I made her cry. I wish that I didn't, but she was going on a date! I know that it's no excuse, but I was just...jealous, I guess. I'll follow along on their date secretly tomorrow. Just to make sure that she was safe.

———

Sorry for the short chapter. Where should they go on their date? Comment or message me!