Chapter 7

"What is that?"  Kale screeched, looking at Layla.

"My dog. Why?" I asked, even though I knew he was scared.

"N-no reason."

We left the apartment and got into his car. It was a bright red that burned my eyes.

"You like it?" He asked, smirking.

"No. In fact, It makes me want to puke."

Well that wasn't totally a lie. I was getting a headache, and I felt queezy. I quickly shut my eyes and leaned my head against the dashboard. uugghh.

"We're here, babe."

"Don't call me babe."

I lifted up my head to see that we were at a movie theater. Just great. A dark place where no one will be paying any attention to us. Notice the sarcasm. We got out of the car and went up to the window.

"Two tickets to 'Carrie'."

I froze up a bit at this. According to the poster, this was a horror movie. I don't do horror. I know, I know. Let's all just give a round of applause to irony. Death's daughter is afraid of horror movies.

Kale led us to consessions, where he bought some popcorn and drinks.

"What drink do you want?"

"Water, please."

"No soda?"

"No." I winced as I heard the strain on my voice.

He bought the stuff and we went into the theater. We watched the movie, but I looked away everytime I knew that something scary was going to happen. I had to remove Kale's hand from my thigh several times during the movie, but otherwise, nothing happened. After the movie, we left the theater to see that it was dark outside.

"So, Babe, wanna head back to my place?" Kale tried to purr into my ear.

"No, thank you, I would like to walk home, if you do not mind."

"Ok, so when's the next date?"

"Never." I said, staring at him with a blank expression.

"What do you mean? Are you telling me, that I did all that, and I won't even get laid?!"

"...what does 'laid' mean? You know what, don't answer that." I Said, and turned to walk away.

I felt something wrap around my wrist, and when I looked, it was Kale's hand.

"Let go."

"No."

I grit my teeth, and yanked at his hold. Good thing I wore long sleeves and gloves, or he'd be dead. Would that be bad? No! Bad brain! No killing people! It was obvious that he wasn't going to let go unless someone was pointing a gun to his head. Was getting laid really this important!? My knee connected to his manhood and he groaned in pain, letting go of me.  Quickly, I sprinted in the direction of my apartment. Suddenly a hand grabbed my wrist again, but I didn't pull away. Cupid pulled me along into an alley, and his wings came out in a flash of white. He lifted me in his arms, and flew off.

"So, how was the date?"