Chapter 11

It's hot. I cracked open my eyelid, and lazily moved my eye around to try and find the source of the heat. A weight was on my chest, but it wasn't the source of heat. It seemed as though the heat came from inside my body, no, inside my very being. A dull thudding came from my head, and my wings burned like someone was holding a match to it. The thing holding the match seemed to be waiting for me to notice it, since as soon as I did, it pressed the match into my skin.

"AHHHHHH!" I screamed, thrashing around, throwing the weight off of me.

"Sunder!?"

I screamed again, trying to scratch my way out of my skin. Fire. Fire everywhere. A blackness overtook the edges of my eyes, but it was different from when I fall asleep. It was pitch black, and empty. Whispers seemed to come from it, but as it covered me completelly, I was alone. I could feel my body fall back onto the bed, unresponsive. I could feel someone trying to help me, but I was quickly ripped away into an absolute nothingness.

 Cold. Dark. Alone. The voices whispered around me, their claws reaching for me, and digging into my skin. I tried to yank myself away, but it was as if a chain was attached to my leg. I try to scream, but it doesn't come out. All I could do was let out the tears, and let them drip down.

Then, something strange happened. The darkness hissed, the claws pulled away from my skin, and I felt tingling from my wings. The chain holding me appeared as my tears dripped onto it, and soon from a long way down, i could see awful creatures of all sorts surrounding the chain, holding onto it. Terrible things of every worst nightmare come to life. They hissed and clawed at the chain, puling me down. Down. Down.

 No! I tried to stretch my wings, but only a small tingling happened, I looked back to see only a tiny bit of my wings left. Tattered, torn, and only two feet each. I flapped them furiously, trying to get away from the monsters.

 Help me! I tried to shout out, again getting not even a squeek.

Tears started to pour out of my eyes, and float up instead of falling. The darkness retreated fro the droplets, as they floated higher and higher, my eyes following them. A night sky waited for them, and exepted them as stars, but I was still held back from the sky, the demons trying to force me down with them.

It seemed as though I couldn't breath the further they dragged me down, only a few more meters to go before they got me. I flapped as hard as I could, but my wings flaked off, like dust, and the fire burned my back once more. Clawed arms grabbed at my ankle, and I couldn't even gasp. My wings gone, I could do nothing but let the demons grab my arms, my legs, my neck, anything and everything. They pulled my into them, engulfing me completely and totally.  My tears had long since stopped, and now I just lay there, letting them rip through my clothes and into my skin. Blood in a deep scarlet poured out of my body and splattered on the feathers and scales of the monsters around me.

Their whispers were screams, shouts, cries for help. It hurts! It hurts! Save me! let me out! Blooood. Kill. Kill. Kill. One of us! You can never escape! Join us! join us! It's more pain if you don't!

Suddenly, one whisper stood out fromthe rest. It sounded small and far away, but what it was saying was clear as day in my ears.

"Don't leave me! Sunder, please, don't leave me. I'll do anything, just please don't leave me. I love you..." A voice broke as it pleaded.

 Cupid. I suddenly felt a small amount of strength return to my body. My arms and legs lashed out, making the creatures cry out in pain, and a few to back off, before more took their place. I kept lashing out, afraid that if I couldn't get them off in time, the strength would leave me, and so would Cupid. I felt another tingling in my back, and a feather-light touch on my bare shoulders. Wings. They were small from what I could feel, but I didn't think twice before futtering them, and jumping into the air. I was only a yard above them, but they couldn't reach me.

They tried to pull on the chain, but couldn't pull me down, as my wings were furiously flapping behind me with a strength I didn't thing was possible from something so small.

***

Cupid's POV

It's been two days since Sunder had become still. She was cold, and her pulse was faint. Her breathing was so slight that I couldn't see her chest moving. I still had my death-grip on her hand, whispering things to her, and crying my eyes out. It seemed as though she was dead, but I could feel that she was still there. Barely. I gave her hand another squeeze, and let out another shaky breath.

"Wake up, Love. Please. I-I need you. You need to wake up."

***

Sunder's POV

I couldn't tell how long it's been, but I was getting tired. I was much farther away from the monsters, closer to the diamond sky then them. My wounds had healed slowly, but the chain held my leg in an extreamly hard grip. The wings on my back haven't stopped working yet, an I wasn't about to tell them to stop, although I wouldn't be able to go on much longer. I felt another stretch in my wings, larger than when they were flapping, and The chain around my leg creaked. From the corner of my eye I say a faint glowing, Illuminating  the air around them dimmly. They weren't back, but instead a transparent plum color. The chain creaked again, and suddenly there was a snap. I shot up, the broken chain falling down, but the shakle was still handing from my leg.

The illuminating light grew, and so did my wings. I shot out of the darkess, into the night sky, and saw a huge bubble, larger than me. One last tear floated from my eye and joined the bubble. I touched it, and my hand pushed into it with ease. The scabs and scratches on my arm healed where the liquid inside the bubble touched it, I pushed my entire body into the bubble, and all my wounds disappeared.

The bubble popped, and my tears floated around me in droplets. They were shining with the same color as mt wings. Suddenly, I felf very calm and sleepy and warm, as though I was wrapped in a mother's embrace. I let my eyes close softly, and I fell asleep as though nothing had happened.