Chapter One: Y/Ns 'Dick'

"Y/N!"

"HEY Y/N!"

The weight of a dirty shirt slapped across my back.

"What the hell, Dally." I groaned, burying my face in the softness of the pillow beneath me. 

"Wake the fuck up, Y/N! The dark horse awaits!" Dally demanded, a playful tone strung in his voice. The 'dark horse', was Dally's car. I hated the name, but he always said it was symbolism for something I just didn't get yet. "We're goin' to go to the church in fifteen minutes. Johnnycake and Ponyboy have gotta be starvin' their pretty little greaser-asses off. " Dallas muttered in his accent. 

I decided to sit up and rub my eyes. Once my vision cleared, I realized that Dallas was utterly naked. 

"Jesus Christ, Dally! Put some damn clothes on." I gagged. Seeing my brother naked was something I wished I could unsee, but it was too late now.

"Aw shut up. It's nothin' you ain't seen before." he snarlled, walking out of the tiny room we shared. Sadly, Dally was right. 

I was a greaser, just my brother, and his gang. There was only one difference. I'm a girl. Being a female in the hood was known to be the worst thing that a person could possibly be. Well, at least in my part of town. Being a female greaser either meant being raped left and right, or getting abused by a pack of Socs every once and a while. My parents couldn't care less if I was dead or alive. So, Dally raised me, but he raised me as a boy. I had a short haircut, I had boy friends, and everyone treated me as if I were a boy. The only people who knew that I was otherwise, were the gang (Darry, Sodapop, Two-Bit, Steve, Johnny, Ponyboy, and Dally). Unfortunately, this also meant that at school, I was also a boy. Gym was always a shit-show. I went into the bathroom stalls to change into my uniform every single day. If anyone made fun of me or asked, I would reply that they needed to mind their own damn business or I'd cut their cock clean off. That shut 'em up real good. 

Apart from that, being a boy was actually pretty fun. I liked the attention I got from girls, they liked the Brooklyn accent. This made Johnny giggle whenever someone tried to flirt with me, especially women. I'd nudge him every time and tell him after that he ruined my chance. This always makes Two-Bit laugh, 

"Yeah, they'd love ya till you'd have to whip out that ten-inch 'dick' of yours." He'd quip, which made us all laugh 'till Darry told us to stop. Darry was the only one who thought I should be treated as a woman would. I didn't really mind being treated one way or the other, and the gang would use that to its full advantage. Steve and Dally would sometimes dress me like a girl, and wash the grease out of my hair so I could distract the employees at drug stores while they stuffed their pockets with snacks. Sodapop would always lecture us after.

"I mean- ya know you look be- great y/n- but do you know what would have happened if someone recognized ya?" Soda would shriek. Unlike Dally, he was one of the ones that cared too much. 

"Oh 'cmon Poppy. We was just havin' a bit of fun." I talked real smooth, spiking my low voice up two octaves and batting my eyes. This always made his face flush. One of my favorite things to do was to make Soda blush, it didn't happen often.

"Alright, let's head out." Dally yawned, throwing a jacket over his bare chest. 

"Man, can't you at least put a shirt on?" I asked as I slammed the car door. 

It was annoying how often he was shirtless, it was extremely Italian of him and it pissed me off (I know, very Italian of me)

It was annoying how often he was shirtless, it was extremely Italian of him and it pissed me off (I know, very Italian of me). You could practically smell the Italian coming off the both of us from a mile away. We were the spitting image of Italians from the Bronx, with the same dark hair, eyes, and thick Bronx accent.  Every conversation was essentially arguing and shouting, causing us to get absolutely nowhere in every fight that we had. So, it didn't surprise me when Dally quipped back with a snarky remark.

"Are you kiddin'?" He gasped, "Chicks dig the pecks." He stated, making the muscles in his chest do a little dance. "You're just jealous 'cause you got tits."

"Oh please, if you'd had em', you won't be lookin' at Cherry's, no more." I laughed, slicking my greased hair with a comb. He smacked the back of my head.

"Shut up."