Chapter Four: Cherry's Crush

My head buzzed as white lights blinded my eyes. 

"Jesus Christ!" I screeched, not recognizing anyone or anything in my surroundings. 

"RISE and SHINE!!" Dallas squealed with a sarcastic/enthusiastic grin slashed across his face. 

"Where are we?" I asked, my memory was gone after I had collapsed.

"The hospital!" Dally chimed in a sing-song voice. He was clearly on some type of medicine because my brother was as high as a cloud. "Guess what?" Dally asked with a childish grin, "Actually no. Ya want the good news or bad news first?"

"Bad."

"Well I can't tell you the bad news if I don't-"

"Just fucking tell me, Dallas. This is getting old."

"Okay. Welp, we got in the paper and we're heroes. Also, not one of us died. But uh- they forgot to change that you're s'posed to be a boy. So uh-" Dally ended, giving me a smile and thumbs up before he passed out into his own bed. 

I realized I had an oxygen mask on, that was hooked onto a big tank. Every time I breathed out I sounded like a space alien, which I thought was pretty cool. I stood up and wheeled the oxygen tank with me outside the room. 

"Cherry?" I spat, as I saw the red-headed girl flying through the hallway. 

"Oh my god y/n, you had me worried sick." She scolded, wrapping her arms around me and squeezing me so tight that it felt like she was trying to kill me. 

"Jeez oh Pete, Cherry," I groaned as I peeled her off of me. It was weird how nice she was being, so much in fact, that it was concerning. 

"I know, I'm sorry. I saw your face in the paper, and- well I didn't want you to die before I told you. I was planning on how I was going to-"

"I know you like Ponyboy and Dally. It don't bother me no more. Now if you don't mind, I really need to take a shit." I yawned.

"What? No! Y/n, I don't those boys. I like you," Cherry cried, as I turned around in confusion. "I flirt with them to catch them off the scent. But anyway, Bob's obviously not here anymore, and of course I'm upset but- and well- I think you're real swell, and I think we should -"

"Cherry, did you even read the paper?"

"No, I just knew something was wrong so I came as soon as I could." 

"Cherry. I'm a girl."

"What?"

"Cherry, I have tits."

"What?" She whispered, trying to comprehend what I was telling her. 

"I HAVE TITS." I screamed, causing everyone in the hallway to turn their heads. "You couldn't guess by my name?"

"Well ya know, all your friends have weird names so I guess I just- I don't know

"Well ya know, all your friends have weird names so I guess I just- I don't know. Well...I'm gonna go...." She coughed, adjusting her purse that swung across her shoulder. "Oh! Also, I saw Dally a couple of days ago and he said something about riding a horse. Sorry, I already forgot." I could tell on her face that the bitch didn't even care in the first place.  

"It's alright, see ya Cherry"

After this, a part of me felt like I was dreaming, till I tripped and unplugged the cord to my respirator.