Part 1

Y/n's POV:
"Right team. As you all know, we have a new member today. Welcome her significantly and treat her warmly," I announce to the team members.

"Can we know who she is?" Tony asks.

"Yeah! Can we?" Peter excitedly follows.

"Well, I'd rather let her tell you, she'll be here any second now," I smirk. The room fills with groans and sighs.

"Ha, old man! I know who she is!" Clint boasts.

"That was meant to be our little enigma, Barton!" I scowl at the man of arrows.

"Right, sorry," he quickly apologises as nervousness fills his bones and blood.

The door chaps and I stand up, "it must be her. I'll be back, be nice," I remind them. I quickly jog to the door and open it. "Welcome, welcome! I'm certain you'll love it here. The team is just around the corner, come in, come in," I greet her. She smiles and steps in.

"Right, sorry to keep you waiting. Thank you again for letting me join. I know I'll love it here," she kindly remarks.

We walk around the corner to the meeting room; the team is waiting patiently, too patient. They were doing something deviant before I came back. So predictable.

"Right, team. This here is Kate Bishop. Barton, Belova, you've both already met her, perhaps one of you could show her around?" I check in a sort of demanding tone.

"Ah, yes, Kate Bishop. I remember you fondly. I'll show you around," Yelena offers.

"Great, thank you, all," Kate smiles charmingly. God, that's a cute smile.

"Why don't you tell us a little about yourself?" I say, trekking back and taking a seat.

"Sure. Well, I'm Kate, as you know. I'm an archer, most say the world's greatest archer. I'd have to agree with that," Kate chuckles. "And I want to help the world like you all do every single day. I understand that that's at a great cost but I'm willing to pay that price. Maybe even make a friendship or two," Kate beams colourfully.

"Beautiful! Now, Kate, Yelena can show you about and show you your room. If you have any issues or questions, please just tell me and I'll do my best to fix it," I clarify to her brightly.

"Right, come on, Kate Bishop," Yelena stands up and walks out of the room.

Kate turns to me and smiles, "thank you." Kate then reluctantly follows after Yelena.

"Team, today will be a day off so Kate can settle into the normal environment. The meeting is adjourned," I announce then leave the room. Soon after Wanda walks over to me smirking.

"Hey!" Wanda says happily. What's her deal?

"Hey? Someone's perky today," I chuckle at her.

"I know someone's crush," she smirks in a sing-song voice.

"And who might that be?" I ask, fed up with her reading minds.

"You!" She exclaims making me jump a bit.

"Me? Oh, no. No, no. I have no 'crush'. Number one, that's so ignorant. Number two, I vowed to myself to never go down that road again," I remind her in a serious sort of tone.

"Then why were you thinking about how cute her smile is?" Wanda teases with her accent laying down pretty thick.

"Not what I was feeling. Perhaps you should get your powers checked out," I sigh.

"Really? I can tell when you're lying. We've been best buddies since the year 2012. You're too predictable now," Wanda chuckles at me, unimpressed at my crack of "lying".

"It is not a crush. And watch it, she seems kind, you could get replaced," I warn Wanda. Wanda gasps overly dramatic and puts her hand on her chest, acting all insulted.

"Me? Replaced? Please! You couldn't replace me if you tried," Wanda laughs at me. I hang my head down and sought.

"You're right... I'm going to take a shower. Bye," I roll my eyes and start walking away.

"That better have not been an eye roll, Y/ln!" Wanda yells after me, followed by her giggles.

I jump into the shower and my thoughts start racing. I don't like her...right? I mustn't, I pledged to myself. Wanda has only gotten in my head, nothing more, nothing less. She always has her way with things, Wanda does. Jeez, I better not actually like someone. I couldn't not after then... After what happened...

I get out of the shower and wrap my body in a towel. I walk out of my bathroom and start getting changed. Once I've finished J.A.R.V.I.S. sends out a message, "Mr. Stark says that a party will happen tonight to celebrate the new archer...he forgot her name. Dress sharp and be down there by 19:00!"

"Thank you, J.A.R.V.I.S.," I yell. "Well, I'll get out the clothes I just got into!" I grumble.

I change into a gorgeous italian-cut. It's a smart black and particularly flashy. It looks very alluring, that's the gist of this. I strut down the stairs and as soon as I hear noise...I fucking panic.

(Hey, everyone!!! This is my new story, obviously. I'd like to know if you are enjoying it. I just want to know if I should bother finishing it! Byeeeeeee!)