𝐭𝐰𝐨: siblings love

"woo kyungjun!"

"woo kyungjun!"

i screamed at the top of my lungs as my room looked like a mess. it was way too early to deal with this crap; when did he even have time to put all those photos of him on my wall?

my brother obviously added oil to the fire when he didn't even give me an answer. like a thunderbolt, i rushed down the stairs, only to find him eating his cornflakes calmly.

"good morning to you too, my dear sister.", he smiled at me. but not that goody-boy smile, the mischievous one. if it wasn't for our mother, i would use him like a punchbag already.

"jieun, no violence in the morning. what have we talked about last week?", she asked and handed me my scrambled eggs, along with bacon and a toast.

"you need to tell your son to stop hanging up pictures of him in my room!", i complained.

"i have to remind you who the face of the school is!", kyungjun gasped. "shut it, old hag. you're in your senior year, you're graduating soon anyway. no one's going to remember you.", i backfired and ate my food.

"mom!"

"jieun is right, honey. you may be a grade above her, but you're still the older one who's graduating first. soon, you'll be off to the adult world."

kyungjun gave up, he couldn't argue with two women in one room. so, he silently ate up his cornflakes. i quickly finished my food, too.

———

"you're so noisy, jieun.", kyungjun commented when he walked towards the car which was going to take us to school, "look, you can't even tie your tie properly."

"can you stop complaining? seriously, it's way too early in the morning for all that bickering. one morning in peace, is it so hard for you?"

"are the woo siblings arguing again?"

jake greeted us and gave kyungjun a fist bump. "what's all that bickering about?"

"your lovely friend decided to wake up early, only to decorate my room with the pictures the school took of him.", i explained the situation to our friend and showed him the picture of my room.

kyungjun rolled his eyes at me: "i don't remember you being so dann bold. where's the shy, well-behaved little sister i once had?"

"it's the australian air, i'm telling you." jake grinned.

if only he knew. i think the introverted and scared jieun was in korea, right where i left her.

of course i remember heeseung and the night before our plane departed. i had high hopes for us, i didn't know what was going to happen next, so confessing seemed so right to me because... i thought he felt the same.

that wasn't the case though.

something shattered in me when he rejected me. it was a very nice one actually, at least he didn't want to make it painful. and i don't remember him as the sweet boy who rejected me, in my head, he was my best friend i simply fell in love with. but what would have happened if i just kept my feelings a secret? would i have been the jieun i am now?

i didn't want to catch feelings for anyone again, my first and probably last love just went out of my sight. i didn't even bother to tell heeseung about australia, it was awkward because of me and i didn't want to be the scaredy-cat that left right after her first rejection.

but well, i did anyway.

but i swore to myself that no one except for kyungjun will know about the jieun i was back in our home country. i wanted to gain confidence, become unreachable for anyone and just continue studying as if nothing has ever happened. at first, kyungjun accepted my decision, he was a supportive brother after all.

however, you know how siblings love works. the bolder i was, the more kyungjun got on my nerves. nevertheless, we still loved each other and he protected me in school whenever he had to.

talking about school. i was still shy at first, but i somehow managed to be the cold-hearted student who didn't bother to make friends. jake said it was because i had that so-called "resting bitch face", which was why the other students didn't want to approach me.

they didn't despise me, they respected me. i was intimidating to them and i wasn't even a senior or something like that.

(a/n: she's supposed to give slight wonyoung and idle's soyeon vibes, but how am i supposed to describe it ㅠㅠ)

kyungjun on the other side was the happy virus at school. everyone knew him, he was popular, he had that bubbly personality, even though he was also shy. he had those timid moments where he felt overwhelmed, but luckily i was by his side. and i'm the youngest, he should be able to deal with that by himself.

what i can say about sim jake is... he's a total sweetheart and it's no wonder why kyungjun and him had such a healthy friendship. it clicked right away when they met.

he also liked to take care of me, like a little sister. he came over quite often and there was no chance in avoiding him. and to be honest, i approved of him too. the way he cared for us as if we were his own siblings made me tear up deep inside. i was glad i found him here, otherwise i'd be stuck with self-centred woo kyungjun.

"here, i'll help you with that." jake approached me and fixed my tie quickly. just a look in his eyes was everything. he was more handsome when he was close to me, i couldn't deny that. i wasn't crushing on him, but i was definitely attracted.

"yo, two birds. let's get going or we'll be late!", kyungjun exclaimed and got in the car. "thank you, jake.", i smiled and joined my brother shortly afterwards. god, my heart was pounding like crazy.

is it starting again?

am i falling in love? i have a feeling that i am.

———

new character unlocked: woo kyungjun!