𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: trouble

jungwon and i decided to pay a visit to the convenience store near our school

'i'll pay today!', was what he told me before we had lessons. i simply agreed because... free food, why not?

while my new friend was on his way to go to the restroom, i packed all my stuff in my backpack while heading out in order to wait for him.

as i was going to make it out of the classroom...

"jieun? can we talk?" i felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around. heeseung looked quite frightened, but still tried to look at me. "listen, the thing about saturday, i feel like you need an explanation and-"

"jieun, are you ready?", jungwon called and waved like a fool. i couldn't help but giggle. "i apologise, heeseung. we're kind of rushing now!" i bowed and quickly chased after jungwon who pulled out his wallet to prepare the money.

"what did he want?" i could hear his anger, made me shiver already. jungwon always used to be very friendly and smiley, so it was the first time i saw him so... mad.

"don't worry. he just wanted to explain. honestly, thank you for interrupting, i don't think i was ready to listen."

"everything for you.", he winked at me before grabbing my hand. "let's hurry up a bit, i still have no idea what to eat and need time to choose."

"alright." a chuckle left my lips. "why don't you eat cup ramen like me?"

"they're really unhealthy! don't tell me you're eating this on a daily basis.", jungwon gasped as we arrived. i shook my head: "kyungjun and i get excellent meals per day! we're healthier than you may think!"

i made my way to the cup ramen section, as well as the convenient drinks. "hey, what are you doing?", my friend approached me. "getting my iced drink.", i answered while taking out a small cup filled with ice and a pack of coffee above the freezer.

"coffee? count me in!", he happily said and also grabbed a big cup filled with ice. "you like coffee?"

"iced americano.", he replied, "you can't survive school without caffeine, ji. don't even try to deny it." he handed me an onigiri and also offered to hold my food, but i refused and walked to the cashier afterwards.

jungwon held onto his promise and managed to swipe his card before i was able to do so. we then sat in front of the windows and opened our lunch. "cheers.", he grinned and held his coffee towards my direction and waited for me to clink cups, which i did shortly after.

"are you free this afternoon?"

"eh? i think so? kyungjun didn't say anything, so i guess i'm free! why are you asking though?"

"i'm having taekwondo lessons today. wanna join me?"

hee-hee, 1:17
we are going to walk home
together. kyungjun just reached
out to me. don't even think
about avoiding me.

"argh, my brother talked to heeseung. i'm supposed to walk home with him later."

"neighbour things, huh?", jungwon chuckled at me and looked over my shoulder to read the message, "it's fine. i can pick you up for practice later and we walk around a bit after that. i heard you love the night sky."

"you've got your facts right, yang.", i smiled. "it's true. polaroids look way cooler when it's dark outside. i'm going to bring my camera along, so i can have a picture of you too!"

"where?"

"on my wall! you don't know how big my collection is. precious memories."

"then i'd love to be part of your memories, jieun."

———

i impatiently waited for jieun to arrive. i know she'd take longer to pack her stuff, but i still hoped she'd hurry up a bit.

"hi.", she tiredly said.

"jieun!", i happily exclaimed and smiled, "funny, the last time i waited for you was before we got on our little date!"

"don't even mention it, i'm tired and want rest."

"should i call my driver?"

"no worries. i'm not weak, just exhausted."

jieun was so moody sometimes. however this time, she had a reason to be mad at me. i really did her dirty. but could it also mean that she was jealous of the girl i was dancing with? a grin spread on my face when i chased after her.

"listen, about saturday-"

"fuck off, heeseung. seriously, not now.", she refused while looking at her phone. she really had a grudge on me.

she didn't even look at me when we walked home. all jieun was staring at was her phone, sometimes giggling and tapping on it.

probably jungwon.

that guy of betrayer hasn't even exchanged one word with us today. as if we never were his friends.

"have you eaten?", i blurted out.

jieun turned to look at me: "what?"

"i asked whether you have eaten or not today."

"of course i did. that's why we couldn't talk during lunch break." she sounded like she was silently judging me for asking such an unnecessary question. bold.

"woo jieun, you're going to listen to me now."

i harshly grabbed her phone and put it in my pocket as i held onto her wrist.

"what you saw was not my intention. i was drunk. i don't even remember who i was dancing with, but i can clearly tell it made you upset. please stop being a stubborn goat and try to talk it out with me instead of clinging onto one of my friends like you two are dating.", i raised my voice.

by the time i stopped talking, jieun already widened her eyes. she looked quite scared and started to flinch once she realised i went silent.

"oh my god.", i breathed out, "i-i am so sorry. i didn't mean to yell at you. it's just... it was frustrating. i apologise."

"n-no, it's fine... i, uhh."

jieun didn't really know how to react and just ran away from me.

sigh.