𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: work

——— 𝑇𝐼𝑀𝐸 𝑆𝐾𝐼𝑃

——— 𝑇𝐼𝑀𝐸 𝑆𝐾𝐼𝑃

"ms. woo, would you mind telling me what's on my calendar today?"

kyungjun lifted his chin and walked past me as if he didn't know i was his sister.

a sigh escaped my lips as i opened the book in my hands: "breakfast with jake sim at 10 o'clock, meeting with jang hyunsoo around half past one, meaning you have to cut your lunch break a bit shorter. i'll order you food in the meantime. dad also wanted to visit you to check up on the company. that's it." i closed the book again.

"thank you, miss woo." kyungjun winked.

"can you stop being so full of yourself and start treating your secretary like your sister?", i groaned and followed him. "this was a good idea to start working here, miss woo. because you need to differentiate between work life and private life. we're siblings in private, but during working time, you should consider me as your boss."

it's been three years since my brother graduated and i couldn't believe he had grown so much mentally. he actually acted like a leader, gave advices and treated his workers very very friendly. our parents were proud of both of us since i finally graduated as well and decided to join the family business. as a secretary.

i liked it, though. organising and planning schedules, defending my brother when we have rude opponents or just doing
simple work and pretending i have my life in order.

"okay, i got it. can i do anything else for you, mister woo?" i forced a smile on my face, i just wanted to slap him.

"i'll get back to you in case i need something. but thank you, miss woo!" kyungjun then walked away and left me alone in the hallways.

on the other side, i entered my own office afterwards, sighing when i sat down.

it's also been a year since i've last seen heeseung.
he acted so weirdly in senior year, it hurt me at some point.

——— 𝐹𝐿𝐴𝑆𝐻𝐵𝐴𝐶𝐾

"and last but not least: woo jieun!"

the crowd cheered loudly as i walked to the principal to get my certificate. i felt so happy at that moment; all the pain and stress have finally paid off!

i smiled into the camera and went back to my seat, smiling brightly at heeseung who was sitting next to mine. he didn't even bother to look up to me; instead, he just stared at the ground and avoided eye contact. that's what he's been doing lately and it pissed me off. why wouldn't he speak about his problems? he always used to do it, i was his girlfriend after all.

i don't even know when everything started to crumble. ever since kazuha and shuhua left and we made it to senior class, heeseung started to act coldly, more cold-hearted. when i wanted to talk about it, he shook me off like i was an annoying bug.

as the ceremony was over, i joined my parents and kyungjun to take pictures. they congratulated me, hugged my body tightly and also cheered me up a bit.

i called heeseung over, but he just decided to ignore me and continued talking to his friends. his friends, because he decided to exclude me from their group activities, even though they told me they'd be happy to have me around.

i walked over to them and tucked his sleeve: "hee, can you please stop acting so ignorant and come over? it's just a picture."

he groaned and walked over to kyungjun, who held the camera. heeseung quickly grabbed my waist and pulled me closer, posed for a moment and left again.

"yah! lee heeseung!"

"jieun, i'm really not in the mood right now."

"why are you suddenly acting like this? i thought everything was fine between us! ever since the beginning of this school year, you've been acting like a jerk! what is wrong with you? this was supposed to be such a great day and you just decided to ignore me, give me eye rolls and be an ignorant fool!", i snapped and grabbed him by his collar.

heeseung gritted his teeth, slowly loosening my grip: "jieun, that's enough. i'm tired of this shit."

he nudged me and exhaled.

"i'm breaking up with you. don't even try to contact me after this day, we're over."

———

"don't slack off, woo."

jake entered my office and gave me that bright smile he always used to do.

"hi! your meeting with jun isn't anytime soon though!" i quickly got up and bowed at him.

"don't you dare bow to me, jieun. we're still friends after all; hit me or scold me, i'd rather prefer that."

a moment of silence occurred before i just approached and hugged him. of course, he wrapped his hands around me and patted my head. "hmm, what's wrong? is kyungjun treating you too harshly? should i beat him up?"

"don't be silly. kyungjun is actually teaching me a lot! don't underestimate him. i've been only thinking about my graduation day."

"heeseung, huh? i heard about it too often already. it's fine, it's been a whole year, ji. look how far you've come! you're earning lots of money, being the secretary of your brother at your father's company!"

"this sounds more awful than it is. you're just making it look worse.", i commented and shook my head at him.

"i apologise.", he grinned and broke the hug, "are you busy? why don't you join our breakfast?"

"because my secretary is supposed to learn how to differentiate between work life and private life!" kyungjun entered with a not-so-satisfied look on his face as he saw jake right next to me.

"come on, i bet she hasn't even had proper breakfast! jieun, what did you eat this morning?" jake turned towards me and waited for my answer.

"i always go grocery shopping at thursday, so i since today is thursday and i ran out of groceries, i only had bread and eggs left.", i shyly confessed and already looked away. this was way too embarrassing.

"jieun! why didn't you tell me?", kyungjun gasped and took my wrist, "let's go. my secretary shouldn't starve!"

———
𝗆𝗒 𝗉𝗈𝗈𝗋 𝗃𝗂𝖾𝗎𝗇 ☹️