Chapter 5: First Encounter

Leslie POV

The next day I awoke to the smell of fresh coffee and new air freshener. My mind was a little cloudy at first, then the events of yesterday came rushing back. Lauren, the hospital, and my breakdown. I was embarrassed that I did that in front of so many people. They probably think I some kind of mental case.

I heard movement somewhere in the room, I turned my head to the sound. Lauren was moving things around rearranging stuff, like she was trying to make the place look my homey. She looked over at me and smiled, "Oh good, your awake. I got you some of Kris' big breakfast. He wants you to eat as much as you can, so you can get better." She said while taking out plates of food piled on them.

I got up from them bed slowly not wanting to make any sudden movement. Making my way to the little table that was in the room, I look at all the food that was there and thought I wouldn't be able to eat all that. Lauren had a expectant face so I just smiled and sat down to begin eating slowly.

   "Ah" I scream out as it felt like my back was burning. Lauren run over to me asking what was wrong. But I couldn't say anything as the burning sensation started to get worse. Its like I was engulfed in flames but I know there isn't none there. I got up from the chair and ran into the bathroom and locked the door. I turned on the cold water only and took off my shirt. Once under the cold spray the burning like sensation begins to lessen but it was still there. My face on the tiled wall and my back facing the mirror, I just breathe in through my nose and out through my mouth.

   Wondering if I'd see a burn scar, I looked over my shoulder at the mirror and gasped in horror. My dragon like birth mark seem have changed. It has became darker and coiled around itself as a snake would while relaxing in a tree. And the eyes were the same color of the mystery man's eyes. Do he have something with my strange mar?. The eyes on my mark was always close or sometimes in certain lighting it look like it facing away from onlookers. But it's the first time I ever saw it eyes and made my heart race as if I was looking the the man himself.

   I was brought out my musings by knocking on the door. "Leslie, are you okay in there?" I forgot that she was in my room saw my freak out once again. I turned off the water once the burning went away and grabbed a towel from the rack next to me. After gathering myself together I opened the door to a very worried Lauren. I smiled at her nervously. "Are you alright? Ran from the room as of the devil himself was after you." She said I just shook my head "No I'm fine it just that I...I was really hot, like heat flashes or something. It happens all the time." I said in the most convince voice I could master. She just look at as if trying to a lie in my lame excuse. I guess she found cause she said nothing else on it.

  "Well okay then. I leaving now, can't leave Kris by himself for too long." She said while getting all her things together and heading to the door. Just before she opened it, she turned back around, "You should come to the diner later tonight. Friday nights are when all of the towners come and just have a good time. A live band will be there. It'll give you the chance to meet other people here." Lauren left after saying that. I fall flat on my stomach, I guess I have plans later. I was still pretty tired so I fell back to sleep and didn't dream of my Mystery Man.

  I awoke hours  later, looking over towards the clock I slept almost the whole away. I remember that Lauren said something about tonight so decided to get ready for that. I really don't want to be alone on a Friday night even if I am surrounded by strangers. Getting in the shower and washing myself and noticed my mark is still the same from this morning. Not burning just itching a lot, hopefully the itching goes away it starting to get annoying.

   After finishing in the bathroom I get my bra and matching panties. When I was still with my family I was only allowed to wear unflattering underwear. Granny panties are so ugly and there was always a size too small and my bra was two cup too big. It was just sloppy. So now all I wear is lace and boy boxer briefs. They're extremely comfortable. I put on a red tank top with rip up skinny jeans with my boots and grabbed my leather jacket.

  It was after 8:30 when I made to to the diner. And was it crowded. The band was playing, some people was dancing, while others was laughing, even there was teenagers making out by the bathroom. I sat in the booth I the very back. The place look different since the last time I was in here. Maybe because it seem that the whole town is in here.

   It was lively.

   My back started itching again. I tried to ignore it thinking it would go away. A young waitress came over and got my order, since I really wasn't hungry I just ordered an water.

  I haven't had any "dreams" of the mystery man and it was a little disheartening to not to see him. Maybe I going attached to the man that my mind conjured up. Am I crazy? Is it because I was always alone for twenty one years that my mind finally cracked and this red eyes mystery man is it way of coping?

  I shook my head trying to clear my mind. Can't think about such things, I'm here to have a good time and meet the people of this town if I Want to live here permanently. I didn't even realize that the waitress already brought me my water.

   As I go to take a sip of my water, the itching I tried so hard to ignore started again but this time it came with a dull burning sensation. Is it happening again? But the burning was getting worse by the minutes. I look around to see if anyone noticed me looking distraught. Lauren was laughing with an customer and playing with a little boy, so she wouldn't know if I just sneak out if here.

   Paying extra for the water, I slide out the booth and my out the diner. The burning was almost at the level it was this morning. Rushing across the street back to my room, I couldn't get the key into the hole as my hand was shaking badly. Finally on what I think was the tenth time the door opened and I immediately went inside. Panting against the door I feel down to the ground the burning almost unbearable.

   I took deep breaths trying to breathe through it, I got up making my way to the bathroom, when movement from the other side of the bed caught my eye. It was dark so i only saw from the chest down.

   "I finally get to see you in person, my beloved mate." The deep voiced man said as he stepped fully into the light. I gasped as I saw who it was. The Ruby eyed man was here in my motel room. I stepped back, but I tripped over something and hit my head on the corner of the table. I saw dots across my eyes and darkness cloud my vision.

   "He can't be real" was the last thought I had before slipping into darkness.

Finally an update!! I was kinda lost how this chapter would go now I got it