Chapter Fifty-Five: Drop In

Zach's POV:

It was month two of being on tour. I was sleeping poorly. Sleeping with someone for months on end makes you fail to sleep by yourself.

I missed Zoey.

So when my phone goes off six times in a row after I finally get to sleep, I answer the phone and snap, "what do you fucking need right now?"

I had assumed it was a bandmate. I was tired, and I was wrong.

It's my wife's voice I hear instead. "Can you unlock your door? I have been knocking."

"Am I dreaming?"

She laughs. "Zach, come let me in. Unless you don't want me inside for some reason."

I bolt, sitting up, and am to the door in seconds. "Zoe," I say in a sleep-like funk.

"Zach." She gasps as I take her in and pull her as close to me. I don't even take in the fact of what she is wearing. I just need her in my arms. I had seen her a couple of weeks back for a day. But I needed her.

"Did you know I needed you?" I ask her breathing her in.

"My Spider senses went off, and I came a-running." She jokes. "Should we go in?" She asks.

I walk her back into my lonely hotel apartment. Now it wasn't so lonely.

"I asked Jax to watch Lucky for me. He might be cranky tomorrow."

"Who cares." I respond. Jax and the whole crew owed me a thousand puppy watches m for the shit I had been going on during this tour. "I needed you." I breathe her in again.

"Bad week?" She asks, her voice concerned.

"Bad month," I respond. We fall into bed. And for the first time all that week, I drift off to sleep.

I wake to Zoey staring down at me, concerned. My head was on her lap as she was sitting up in bed. My arm wrapped around her.

It appeared to be late into the day.

"You have an hour until you have to go."
Zoey said.

I wrap my arm around her tighter.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying right here."

"Should I be concerned?" Zoey asks as she pets my hair.

"I'm fine. Just exhausted."

She pouts. "I would say so since neither of our clothes came off last night."

There was my little sex addict.

"I needed sleep. I sleep shitty without you."

Her hands are now tickling my back. "I could tell by any time I moved last night you gripped me tighter and kept saying my name."

That's just a tad bit embarrassing.

"I missed you." That is how I respond.

"I missed you too. But you have to get up. I have a concert to attend tonight."

I roll a little away.

"Cancel the show."

"Your manager told me it was nine million dollars I would be canceling. So I couldn't pull the trigger."

I grumble. "I know it's stupid people pay enough that the concert makes nine million a show."

"I would have thought that a year or two ago. But baby, if I had ten million to give you to see you for the next week straight, I would. So instead, I took two months off from work."

I sit up in bed.

"Two months"

She laughs as I attack her with my mouth.

"Two months of Zoey on tour." I kiss her mouth again as she laughs underneath me.

"You are crazy." She said.

And I was crazy.