Chapter Sixty-Seven: BFFs

Zoey's POV: 

He stands looking at the award, his fingers brushing over My Wife on the trophy.

"This speech will be pretty simple. I know normally I do the expected one where I thank my family and my bandmates, but the only one who is due any thanks is my wife" his words break off as he rolls me out of his side and then rolls me back in as if we are beauty and the beast having a slow dance. I gasp as I roll back into his chest. He looks down into my eyes, and then his lips are on mine. He steps back after a brief kiss with me, his left arm straight out as he introduces me, "My Wife, everyone." The auditorium is clapping, and my face has to be red. The applauds get softer, and he says, "I owe her everything. I love you, Zoey." He picks his award up from the podium, grabs my hand, and then we are off stage.

"Well, that was an interesting speech." We can hear as we are walking off.

"It'll be the truest speech you hear of the night," Zach yells over his shoulder. "And now Zoe, we are out of here," he says, loosening his tie.

"You are crazy" I smile up at him.

"Crazy in love, apparently." His accent is strong. "I love you, Zoey; I just need everyone to understand how much." And I'm wondering if he is thinking of the steps. I tried not to let him see how much it had affected me. I had told myself it was just a small group of people chanting "Seline's name."

Zach wastes no time finding our driver and getting home to our apartment. He wastes no time unzipping my dress as soon as we are at the apartment door. On the way home, all I could think 

about was how hungry I was, but when my dress was unzipped, all I could think about was how hungry for Zach I was.

He took me to bed, and food became a distant thought.

Zach's odd speech from the night before was trending, but another thing about us was trending as well. It was the fact that apparently, Taylor Swan giving me a candy bar meant she was my new friend. Taylor and Zoey were trending at number one.

"I don't understand it, Zach; why are they so obsessed with my every movement?" They had 

been obsessed with Zach, but the fact that he made me this famous was unnerving.

Taylor Swan was one of Seline's best friends, Zach's ex, from when he was a teenager. Social 

media was blowing up, saying not only had I made Zach and Seline break up but now I had caused another break-up: Taylor and Seline.

"This is complete rubbish," I said, sounding like Zach. "She gave me a snicker bar and smiled at 

me. Now we are to be best friends from that one encounter?"

And as if someone's ears were burning, my cell phone was ringing with a restricted number. Zach glanced at it, his eyebrows lowering as if he had a hunch who was calling.

I picked up hesitantly. "Hello," I answered.

"Well, hello, new best friend." The woman said on the other line.

"Taylor?" I asked on a hunch.

"Yes, Zoey, it is I." She giggled. "I saw that we were trending and thought why the hell not. Let's be friends."

I swallowed, moved the phone away from my ear, and pushed the speaker phone button on my phone.

"You want to be my friend?" I asked her. "Why?"

Taylor waited a moment. "You and Zach are interesting, and why not? What do you say, drinks when he goes back on tour?"

Zach would be leaving for tour in two days, and my stomach sank thinking about it.

"Come on, by the time we are done, you won't be able to remember who he is."

"Taylor," Zach's voice comes off low.

"Hello Zach," she laughed on the other line. "I figured you were not too far away. You're as bad as a new puppy and its mother's teet."

"I'm going to take that as a compliment," Zach said.

"Well, Zoey? Drinks when the bore leaves?"

Zach is sitting next to me, shaking his head as he laughs.

"Text me your actual number, and I'll let you know," I tell her.

"Awesome. Talk to you later." She clicks off before I can say more.

"That was interesting," I said to Zach.

"You made a friend" He smiled at me.

"I guess I did," I said to him, still not wanting to think about when he would be leaving in two days. I had just gotten him back in the apartment, and I knew it would be desperately depressing when he left again.