˖◛⁺ ⑅ ♡One˖◛⁺ ⑅ ♡

"Why haven't you come back?"

Their hands shook as they wrote on the paper their response, who probably would never reply. One reply was lucky enough.

Because it's hard. It's hard to forgive and forget, everytime I close my eyes, memories flood back. At night, when I sit in bed, alone, I'm reminded. Reminded that I allowed myself to be taken advantage of, and how I've been locked up in my house ever since. Everything reminds me. Songs, my reflection, my voice, even some foods. I want to change everything about myself.

My name, my hair, my voice, personality, tastes, everything. I want it gone, I need it gone.

I'm no longer 'Olivia' the little girl my parents raised.I'm 'Ace' the strong, independent, okay person I want to be.

The 18 year old re-read the paper over and over again, each time they wanted to erase or crumple the paper. Every time, they wanted to make all the memories leave. They wanted to be okay, they needed to be okay. But everytime they pretended to be, it just got harder, and it hurt more. They looked around the room, paper littering the floor, the previous letters not good enough to send. Didn't capture their pain well enough. They frowned and continued writing, not wanting it to be just venting.

I love your streams. I think I said that in the last letter though, sorry. Your reply literally meant so much to me, thank you. This seems so formal now, I'm laughing. I love you.

They gasped and scribbled the 'I love you' out and wrote instead.

I miss your voice. One that isn't through the screen, I miss our talks. Our playdates in the forest, chasing down random noises. Remember when we found that bee nest, thinking it was a telephone pole buzz?

Anyways, I should end this here, I know you've been really busy lately, I'm proud of you.

With love,
Ace.

They hesitated to slide the letter into an envelope. Gods.. They tossed it into the box that they put together. It had some hoodies, different masks, and polaroids. Polaroids they had taken together years ago, before they grew up, before he became famous. They smiled to themself and taped the box shut, sealing the contents inside. No going back now.

Welcome! This is the first of many books for the 'Tock Universe' <3