Never as simple

"Sweety... Why are you wearing a turtleneck? It's 28° C outside! " M/n asked in worry as she observed her daughter who was sitting by the table and stiffly eating breakfast.

"I'm just a bit cold, nothing to worry about..." Y/n reassured her mother who only raised her eyebrow at her. "Ugh, those teenagers..." M/n sighed as she cleaned up her plate and walked into the living room.

Y/n softly groaned as she re-adjusted the collar of her turtleneck around her neck. She couldn't just go downstairs with a T-Shirt so her purple and green bruise would be visible for everyone to see. What will her mother think if she sees it!?

That's why she decided to wear a turtleneck to cover it up.

Yesterday's events replayed in her head as she quietly cleaned up her dishes. As she was walking back to her room, Y/n heard the TV reporter's distressed voice,

"Two high school teenagers have been found tied up in the Sea Life Aquarium, which has been temporarily closed for a week. The police suspect that the two students came there to steal or vandalise the already damaged aquarium. But they have no evidence as to who has prevented the two students from causing more trouble..."

Y/n froze on the spot as she heard the news, 'Akiyama and Yamaguchi...!' she thought in alert as she rushed to the living room where her mother was watching the news. "Oh goodness... That's horrible... Good thing that they were caught and stopped." M/n muttered as she continued to watch the TV.

"Currently they are in a local jail, waiting for their parents to come and compensate the cops for their release. And that would be all for today's news. For more updates there will be a news report at 7:00 p.m..." The TV trailed off as the studio lights dimmed off, signalling the end of the show.

"Dear, I hope you aren't planning on doing something like this in the future..." M/n turned to look at stunned Y/n. "W-What!? Why would you even think that!?" Y/n panicked as her eyes widened.

M/n raised her eyebrow at her and after a few quiet moments she burst out laughing, "Come on, sweety! I'm just joking!". Y/n squinted her eyes and crossed her arms, "You better be...".

"But in all seriousness, don't go off breaking in some random buildings or similar." M/n warned as she switched the channel and turned her favourite show on.

Y/n hummed, "Promise I won't..". She walked out into the hallway and as she walked past her black rotary phone.

As she neared the staircase the rotary phone rang loudly.

"Y/n! Go pick up the phone! It's probably some advertisement!" M/n shouted from the living room. "Okay!" Y/n shouted back and ran to the little phone table. She picked up the phone and put it to her ear.

"Hello-" "Hello, Y/n! How are you?" the voice of Joseph Joestar echoed through her ear.

"Mr. Joestar? I'm good and all, but why are you calling?" Y/n asked in confusion as she tried to think of any reason that Mr. Joestar could be calling her. "Oh you see, my grandson here-" but all of a sudden his phone was taken away and shouting could be heard from the other side.

"You piece of shit! That's not what you agreed to say!" a distant male voice shouted and Joseph cackled, "I promised nothing Jotaro! Oh! I think Holy's calling me- I'll give the phone to Jotaro!" Joseph exclaimed as he ran away.

The line quieted down and Jotaro sighed, "Good grief... I'm sorry about my old man. He tried to pull one of his pranks and you were his victim...". Y/n shook her head, not believing him, "Right... That's why you shouted at him for not saying what you asked him to.".